Job description / Role
Contract Administration Manager (Transportation Industry) - Qatar
Linum Consult’s client is major consultancy operating in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking a Contract Administration Manager with a background in the Transportation/Infrastructure industry to join their team in Qatar. This is a client-side role.
• Dealing with the commercial contracts management to ensure the delivery of the company’s projects in line with the overall strategic plans
• Identifying and advising on all commercial risks/claims
• Liaising with the Project Director to review, assess, and evaluate the contractors’ delivery in accordance with the project’s processes, contractual terms and conditions and commensurate with the contractual entitlement
• Managing the PMC contract related to the package, overseeing the PMC in the contract management function for the D&B contract, and providing advice to the PMC
• Monitoring, managing, and reporting all commercial aspects of the allocated projects to senior management; flagging any issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity
• Undertaking the evaluation of tender documents and negotiating contracts. Providing feedback into the process so that all contracts meet the client requirements
• Leading and managing the cost reporting of all allocated projects, including cost forecasting, anticipated final cost, cost of work done, gross billing and current contract value
• Advising the project delivery team on contract changes in a timely manner and recommending the appropriate actions to mitigate commercial risk
• At least a Bachelor’s degree qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or Law, ideally with a professional qualification such as CICES, RICS, etc.
• At least 7-10 years’ experience in the construction industry, managing the commercial aspects on major infrastructure construction projects, such as highways, rail, airport complexes, etc.
• Demonstrable experience of managing and developing complex contracts and relationship management with vendors
• Excellent document drafting and contract formation skills, with excellent technical knowledge of the FIDIC suite of contracts
• Experience of claims investigation and resolution, with strong negotiation skills and an understanding of what can realistically be achieved
• Previous history of working internationally and in the Middle East
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.