Job description / Role
Contract Administration Manager (Transportation Industry) - Qatar
Linum Consult’s client is major consultancy operating in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking a Contract Administration Manager with a background in the Transportation/Infrastructure industry to join their team in Qatar. This is a client-side role.
• Dealing with the commercial contracts management to ensure the delivery of the company’s projects in line with the overall strategic plans
• Identifying and advising on all commercial risks/claims
• Liaising with the Project Director to review, assess, and evaluate the contractors’ delivery in accordance with the project’s processes, contractual terms and conditions and commensurate with the contractual entitlement
• Managing the PMC contract related to the package, overseeing the PMC in the contract management function for the D&B contract, and providing advice to the PMC
• Monitoring, managing, and reporting all commercial aspects of the allocated projects to senior management; flagging any issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity
• Undertaking the evaluation of tender documents and negotiating contracts. Providing feedback into the process so that all contracts meet the client requirements
• Leading and managing the cost reporting of all allocated projects, including cost forecasting, anticipated final cost, cost of work done, gross billing and current contract value
• Advising the project delivery team on contract changes in a timely manner and recommending the appropriate actions to mitigate commercial risk
• At least a Bachelor’s degree qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or Law, ideally with a professional qualification such as CICES, RICS, etc.
• At least 7-10 years’ experience in the construction industry, managing the commercial aspects on major infrastructure construction projects, such as highways, rail, airport complexes, etc.
• Demonstrable experience of managing and developing complex contracts and relationship management with vendors
• Excellent document drafting and contract formation skills, with excellent technical knowledge of the FIDIC suite of contracts
• Experience of claims investigation and resolution, with strong negotiation skills and an understanding of what can realistically be achieved
• Previous history of working internationally and in the Middle East
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Al Marwan Group Holdings