Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Job description / Role
Employment: Full Time
• Provides support to the Project site to ensure compliance with QPM procedures and processes.
• Effectively and timely coordinate and administer contract.
• Via the management matrix guides, the contracts administrator is to comply with policies and procedures and ensure effective monitoring of all contractual terms and conditions related to at all stages of the project.
• Assist in establishing standardized contracting guidelines for the project team to procure and for the client to contract with service providers, vendors and contractor/s.
• Assist in establishing best practices in the preparation of contract documents and tenders.
• Seek guidance from the Commercial Manager to ensure appropriateness.
• Assist in specifying contractual terms, timelines and service level agreements.
• Interpret all contractual (tenders and contracts) agreements in the context of project management timelines, cost and other parameters and advise the Project Management Team on contractual rights and obligations.
• Assist in decision making process.
• Assist in managing contract administration and negotiations.
• Monitor contractor performance for conformance to the order requirements and maintain continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements.
• Analyze and plan the termination and extension of contractual agreements and provide continued support to business units.
• Establish and develop professional relationships with peer professionals in the industry.
• Remain updated on best practices on contracts and procurement.
• Adapt and adopt leading operations management concepts and best practices into QPM.
• Ensure compliance of all contracts and procurement activities with various government and regulatory requirements
• MUST be located in Qatar currently and a Native Arabic speaker.
• 10 + Years post graduate experience and 5 of these should be focused on prime contract experience.
• Exposure to claims and disputes is a strong advantage
• Engineering Bachelor's Degree required (Chartership is an advantage)
• Contract law
• Construction sector laws in Qatar
• Tendering, bidding and contracting (and contract administration) procedures
• Advanced knowledge of Client & Vendor Relations concepts
• International standard forms of contract (FIDIC, JCT, NEC etc.)
• Cost claims review and analysis.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.