Job description / Role
- Drafts contracts for engineering services projects, relying heavily on previous contracts as a resource for terms and conditions.
- Participates as a member of the negotiating team, assuming responsibility for explaining positions and resolving matters of a business nature related to the proposed contract.
- Monitors and administers the business provisions of assigned contracts to ensure that contract requirements are met.
- Collaborates with colleagues across organizational lines to obtain and transmit business information necessary for the Project Manager to more effectively monitor the status of the project.
- Prices change orders and follows through to ensure that contractual coverage is implemented.
- Prepares letters to client requesting approvals and interpretations required to comply with the provisions of the contract.
- Collaborates with appropriate Procurement personnel on project subcontract matters.
- Monitors project expenditures versus contract cost limitations.
- Prepares letters to clients notifying them of contract cost limitations and requirements for additional funds.
- Prepares project/facility acceptance documents and follows through to ensure acceptances are approved by the client.
- Furnishes business and financial information requested by the client, as delegated by the Project Manager.
- Identifies contractual problems and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution. Follows up on problems demanding management attention to ensure a timely response to the client.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's Quantity Surveying or related field. Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- MME certified is a must
- Min 8 years of contract administration experience is required
- Requires a working knowledge of industry business practices and contract administration principles, as well as some exposure to contract negotiations.
- Incumbent must also possess strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and a working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with contract administration
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||24 May|
Big Fish Recruitment