Job description / Role
Stantec Qatar is looking to hire a Contract Close Out Project Coordinator for its operations in Qatar.
The Contract Close out Project Coordinator will advise, instruct and support the area engineers/contactors to commence the process of the close out which includes but not limited to, preparation of the final BOQ, Completion Certificate, Maintenance Certificate, DCU Clearance, Contract Settlement, Variations, Claims etc. Assist in the close out of contracts across Assets Affairs (DNOM & ROM) and maintain performance improvement to secure KPI scores identified by Management. The Contract Close out Project Coordinators will Work Closely with the Contracts Manager and the PCM team to expedite the closing or many ongoing and expired contracts to meet the targets KPI.
The Close out Project Coordinator shall:
• Identify at the end of each contract if contract settlement (CS) or Final VO is required.
• Coordinate with the concerned project coordinator or area engineer to reach an agreement with contractor/supplier on the final BOQ and submit to PCM if CS or Final VO is applicable.
• Liaise with Asset Management to obtain the necessary approvals to initiate the Final VO.
• Liaise with the project coordinator or area engineer to submit all required documents for the DCU Clearance in the ESD online system as soon as the project is completed.
• Coordinate with the project coordinator/contractor to address all ESD comments and clarifications.
• Assist the project coordinator in preparing and obtaining approvals to issue completion and maintenance certificates.
• Coordinate with the project coordinator/contractor to obtain any applicable external clearances, such as Municipality Clearance.
• Prepare the monthly Close out report and follow up with assigned project coordinators for any updates.
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly compliance report to minimize risks.
• Degree or higher-level qualification in Engineering, (e.g. BSc, BEng, MSc) or Equivalent
• Preferred Quantity Surveying Certified
• PMP Certification would be an advantage
• Minimum 10 years in Pre and Post Contracts Management experience
• Minimum of 5 years as a Quantity Surveyor
• Experience in assessing and reviewing variations (Cost & Time) and prepare submissions
• Experienced in the reviewing Final BoQ, Final Account, Contracts Settlements, Variations, Claims and Prepare Reports
• Strong experience in mentoring Departments / delivery teams to achieve time, cost and quality objectives
• Experience in Contract Management and negotiations – between Clients, Contractors and Legal Advisors when required
• Excellent in problem solving, maturity, empowerment and communication skills
• Strong organisational, presentation, and customer service skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong Stakeholder management skills ideally including work within the Middle East
• Fluent Arabic speaker / writer
• This will be a 12 to 24-month contract
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Senior Contracts Manager - Mega Project
SAS Global Consultants