Job description / Role
TOGETHER WE ENSURE THE SAFETY AND COMFORT OF MILLIONS OF PASSENGERS WHO RELY ON OUR SYSTEMS DAILY
THALES GROUP AND THALES I N QATAR
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 200 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Thales people design solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our world leading Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We, deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
INTEGRATED SUPERVISION & COMMUNICATIONS (ISC)
Did you know that Thales is the number 1 supplier of integrated supervision and communication systems for rail networks worldwide? Used in more than 20 countries, our systems allow rail networks to ensure passenger safety and comfort by providing them with solutions that enable them to provide passenger information and services such as WiFi, whilst our video surveillance and radio communication systems are ensuring the safety of passengers and staff. Millions of passengers rely on our systems daily.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A CONTRACT MANAGER TO JOIN THE THALES INTEGRATED SUPERVISION & COMMUNICATIONS (ISC) TEAM IN QATAR.
The Contract Manager will define contracts management strategy for the project and provide strategic advice to the Project Manager.
- To implement the defined contracts management strategy for the project and provide strategic advice to the Project Manager.
- Proactive overall contract management of the Contract as well as relevant subcontracts;
- Day-to-day commercial management of the project, including inter alia preparation and submission of extension of time and or costs claims, defence against claims, contract amendments, identification and leverage of contractual opportunities through change request management
- Substantiation, drafting and submitting full claims for which notices have already been submitted ( lack of or delayed inputs, design matters, interface matters, claims due to changes in codes/standards/regulations, construction / disruption matters, revised architectural drawings)
- Provide contract clarification and interpretation to the project team to minimize contractual risk and exposure, provide advice to maximize commercial opportunities for the project, and suggest actions accordingly to support Thales business objectives
- Ensure that the project team interprets and executes the terms and conditions of the Contract, consortium and subcontracts correctly, oversee follow-up of the on-going work orders to ensure that the customer, consortium partner and sub-suppliers are compliant with the contract (T&Cs, Statement of Work, Specifications etc.)
- Draft important contractual responses to the customer and within the consortium with the help of the project team, including change management activities such as change requests and change orders to contractual baseline and subsequent claims.
- Represent the project in meetings and negotiations regarding contractual issues with the customer, consortium partner or other (sub-)suppliers
- Contract administration of contract archives (baseline, correspondence, claims etc) securing the project team access to updated contractual information.
- Liaise with Legal Team regarding any legal reviews/input as required
- Reporting in the matrix.
Skills and Experience:
A Master's/Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in related field required.
Education equivalent of master with a Business school degree with a developed technical awareness or Engineering Degree with a high commercial orientation (Preferred)
- Relevant contract management experience, preferably from the Railway industry or similar large and long term infrastructure projects.
- Good knowledge and experience of FIDIC contracts or comparable standards used in the Transportation sector.
- The ability to interpret complex contracts and agreements in a risk environment with tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of project, schedule and risk management impacts to anticipate forthcoming items requiring particular contract management attention.
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a strong team player within a multidisciplinary and international network with good communications skills, and a structured and systematically working manner.
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in Qat ar, we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.