Job description / Role
Location: Doha, Qatar
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
We are currently looking for a Contract Manager to join the Thales team in Qatar.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Contract Manager is responsible for supporting the Sr. Contracts Manager in all the contractual, commercial and legal aspects of the Contract.
His role is to set policy and strategic goals relating to claims, changes and the defence of Thales interests, as well as managing the various functions required to achieve them, shall:
- Manage all streams of Correspondence both Internally within Thales, the Consortium and from 3rd Parties.
- Keep Sr. Contracts Manager and Project Director informed on status of contractual aspects of the project and proactively and timely informs him about potential issues.
- Follow up of the ongoing awarded programs to ensure that the Customers/suppliers are compliant with the signed contracts (T&C /Statement of work/specifications.)
- Monitoring contract performance through to completion and managing change requests, including consequent evolution to contractual baseline
- Provide advice and guidance to the Sr. Contracts Manager and Project Director in Contractual matters relating to the Contract (e.g. noncompliance's).
- Liaise with Legal Counsel regarding any legal or enforcement matters
- Review scope of works and keep updated the scope baseline in conjunction with the Project Management Office.
- Ensure that the project team interprets and correctly executes the terms and conditions of the Contract and Subcontracts
- Proposes actions to minimise risk and maximize opportunities for the project.
- Contributes, as required, in the resolution of contract disputes
- Customer undertakings timely delivered
- Suppliers delivery compliant to requirements
- Periodic reporting to company Direction and program managers
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 10 years' experience in similar position
- Experience on large projects on transportation and/or security solutions
- Experience in Construction / Contract Management
- Experience in FIDIC contracts
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and presentation.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
- A team player getting along well with people of different nationalities and backgrounds.
- Bachelor in relevant field (Construction, Law)
- Additional professional accreditation in relevant fields
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Arabic and French languages will be an added advantage.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.