Job description / Role
My client is a leading European Contractor and they have an urgent role for a Contracts Manager to work in Doha.
- Ability to prepare and review contract documents and contractual correspondence and monitor the performance of main and sub-contracts and timely notifications of contractual implications including penalties/liquidated damages for delays.
- Strong experience in variation, claims and counterclaims concerning main/sub-contractors.
- Can manage team of Quantity Surveyors in performing post-contract QS functions.
- Advanced negotiation, writing, analytical, organisation and planning skills
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills is a must.
- Degree in Quantity Surveyor or equivalent
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.