Job description / Role
• Work with Claims & Contracts Director to develop the company’s contracts’ policy in line with business objectives.
• Develop standard contract management guidelines for managing consultant, sub-consultant, contractor, sub-contractor etc contracts for clients.
• Research regulatory requirements of (Qatar Professional Services Agreement 1984 and 2010, FIDIC, RICS, JCT, POMI etc) and set up separate guidelines for each one of them to ensure compliance.
• Manage and update policy, procedures and guidelines for contracts administration.
• Set up guidelines for handling deviations from contract specifications and delivery schedules and advising recourse to clients in such case.
• Develop tools and templates for various steps in contracts management to enable onsite resources to provide effective and efficient contracts support.
• Guide onsite contracts team to use standard processes and tools.
• Oversee and support bids preparation, process specifications and in contracts negotiation.
• Review contract documents for accuracy and appropriateness.
• Oversee contracts administration at project sites through periodic updates and consultant / contractor work reports.
• Support onsite resources to advise client or management on contractual issues arising on project.
• Assist the Claims & Contracts Director to monitor project risks closely such as contractual issues relating to bonds, insurances, indemnities and liabilities, Coordinate with Compliance Manager on the validity periods and renewals of bonds and insurances of contractors, subcontractors, consultants, sub consultants, etc
• Coordinate with onsite contracts teams to collate key contracts documentation for filing and maintenance.
• Review contracts and contracts administration reports from all sites and provide remedial actions where needed.
• Work with site resources to coordinate contracts related information to support Proposals’ Engineer on client proposals
• Work with Legal Counsel to advice client and address claims and other contractual issues on behalf of client.
• Oversee and support legal action on behalf of client in cases of legal disputes with consultants and contractors.
• Oversee and support legal action in cases of legal disputes with sub-consultants
• Must have 5 star hotel experience
• BSc or Engineering or Company Law degree; 6-10 years in contracts and quantity surveying in the construction sector; with at least 3 years in similar role in a medium to large Project Management organzation.
• Quantity surveying or procurement background coupled with experience in adjudication, arbitration, mediation and litigation is preferred.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.