Job description / Role
• Work closely with business units & Insurance Companies / broker for development / execution of Ashghal tactical plans towards achieving short and long-term business objectives and ensure the insurance arrangements are fully aligned and adhering to local laws and regulations;
• Develop in-depth understanding of the existing insurance program of Ashghal, its marketing strategy, placement, implementation and administration;
• Coordinate with the appointed insurance consultant / broker (if any) to project stakeholders; and support business units in managing and administering operational insurance programmes in coordination with the consultant / broker and Insurance Market for all related issues including trainings, collection of relevant information and other administrative requirements;
• Maintain an up to date record of all transactions with pertinent information;
• responsible to review, study and solve the claims assessment until compensation is successfully effectually and settlements including coordination with insurance consultant / broker, Insurance Markets, loss adjusters and relevant stakeholders, where applicable;
• Analyze processes for appropriate utilization of systems and tools to improve efficiency.
• Maintain and update necessary logs for insurance events, submittals, site visits, meetings, claims, accidents etc. daily/weekly/monthly as the case might be.
• Responsible for the different level of reporting and presentations including yearly evaluation reports of the policies and programmes in force and recommend improvement whenever possible.
• Review and recommend payment for all invoices/ premiums in relation to the programmes including re-evaluation of the yearly premiums based on the Contracts in effect.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering / Banking/ Insurance / Management/ Equivalent, with the professional insurance qualification – ACII / equivalent.
• Must be a credible, experienced and qualified person
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in a leading insurance organization with at least 5 years’ experience in construction insurances in the middle / senior management levels.
• Experience in the Gulf will be a major advantage.
• Lead the Insurance diverse Function for QPM client, including the implementing and managing of insurance strategy and relative programmes and all pertinent insurance requirements in relation to Owner controlled programmes (OCIP), and all other types of insurances related to the works of our client, engaging with projects/programmes stakeholders, business units, insurance consultant and / or broker, international reinsurers, risks surveyors, loss adjusters, third Parties etc. to administer the insurance programmes
• Relationship building with business partners and insurance market. Good knowledge of bank sureties/bonds different terms and conditions will be an asset.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.