Job description / Role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Contract Administrator is responsible for overseeing the contractual administration of specific contracts.
- Check and report on contractor and associated parties' compliance with the contract and progress of works.
- Coordination with site team to ascertain contractual and practical measures to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Advise on specific requirements of the contract and performance in accordance therewith.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BSc degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
- Should be a Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
- At least 8 years overall post graduate experience with 5 years prime contracts administration (including claims and disputes), preferably in the gulf/middle east.
- Should have experience in the similar capacity with PMCM or consultancy firms supporting for large scale building projects.
- Working knowledge of industry business practices and the negotiation of prime design/build and construction contracts.
- Post-award contract administration. Working knowledge of FIDIC and familiar with other international forms of contract related to design/build, consultancy and construction contracts.
- Construction contract administration, understanding of terms and conditions, legal issues, ability to interpret and understand contracts.
- English language proficiency. Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of PC software typically associated with contracts administration.
- Organized, effective problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Experience of administering multiple contracts at any one time.
- Interpreting contracts and dealing with variations, conflicts, claims, disputes, and other contractual issues.
- Ability to multi-task and able to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a specialist consultant team.
- Meticulous and positive work attitude.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.