Job description / Role
Participates in post-award contract administration functions including fulfilling and meeting contract requirements, negotiations and contract administration. Supports and advises the Senior Management team and Contracts/Commercial team in all legal matters and contractual matters to meet contractual compliance.
• Maintains a legal and contractual liaison between Client, consultant and other project stakeholders.
• Coordinates with the Contracts Manager relating to field administration of contracts.
• Responsible for the timely preparation of legal and contractual documents such as; Letters of Instructions (LOIs), Contract Change Orders / Modifications, Insurance Documents, Sub-Contractor Approval packages, Certificate of Final Acceptance (COFA), and other legal or contractual packages as needed.
• Prepares and negotiates cost impacts and schedule changes with Contractor for contract Change Orders / Modifications /Variations – as a member of the Construction Negotiation Team.
• Prepares contract initial and final acceptance, certificates of maintenance and coordinates contract closeout.
• Prepares and maintains records of activity and status of contracts to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions.
• Reviews and assists in resolving and processing claims, back charges, invoices.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Contract Manager
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Law.
• Minimum eight 4-6 years’ experience in contract administration, negotiation, or legal affairs.
• Past experience in the contracting sector is a must.
• Recent experience in the Middle East is a must.
• Quantity surveying or procurement background coupled with experience in adjudication, arbitration, mediation and litigation is preferred.
About the Company
One Thousand Walls W.L.L is an Interior Fit-out solutions company that is specialized in the production and/or supply of high end, customized, project based and institutional wood works and furniture. In addition to turn-key wood works we along with our partners carry over thirty-five years of experience in the retail, hospitality and commercial interior fit-out sector. ONE THOUSAND WALLS complies with international standards in supply of woodworks and furniture due to our presence with offices across the Middle East and Asia.
MISSION Our mission is to combine international expertise and best practices in commercial design and build with local knowledge, to create original and highly functional commercial interiors. The company’s founders identified a gap in the Middle East market for a company which could demonstrate consistent levels of professionalism while at the same time ensuring clients receive a personalized service, with emphasis on transparent and open communication practices. For employees, our culture rewards hard work and independent thinking, and also provides the opportunity to develop new skills and talents in a dynamic, enthusiastic team environment.
VISION The vision for 1000walls is to continue to grow the brand in the Middle East, with a particular focus on the UAE & Qatar, and set new standards and expectations of design and build services for the region. 1000walls would like to be recognized as leading the way in quality of construction, transparent pricing and processes, as well as innovative design. The long-term vision for the company is to expand its international reach and establish a presence in regions experiencing high economic growth and demand for high quality design and build services projects.
Specialties Joinery, Interior Fit-out, Design, Civil Works, MEP Works, Paint Shop, Upholstery, Glass Works, Metal Works, Procurement, Project Management, Design Studio, Cost Estimation
Claims / Contracts Manager - Main Contractor
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Commercial and Contracts Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Senior Quantity Surveyor