Job description / Role
Participates in post-award contract administration functions including fulfilling and meeting contract requirements, negotiations and contract administration. Supports and advises the Senior Management team and Contracts/Commercial team in all legal matters and contractual matters to meet contractual compliance.
• Maintains a legal and contractual liaison between Client, consultant and other project stakeholders.
• Coordinates with the Contracts Manager relating to field administration of contracts.
• Responsible for the timely preparation of legal and contractual documents such as; Letters of Instructions (LOIs), Contract Change Orders / Modifications, Insurance Documents, Sub-Contractor Approval packages, Certificate of Final Acceptance (COFA), and other legal or contractual packages as needed.
• Prepares and negotiates cost impacts and schedule changes with Contractor for contract Change Orders / Modifications /Variations – as a member of the Construction Negotiation Team.
• Prepares contract initial and final acceptance, certificates of maintenance and coordinates contract closeout.
• Prepares and maintains records of activity and status of contracts to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions.
• Reviews and assists in resolving and processing claims, back charges, invoices.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Contract Manager
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Law.
• Minimum eight 4-6 years’ experience in contract administration, negotiation, or legal affairs.
• Past experience in the contracting sector is a must.
• Recent experience in the Middle East is a must.
• Quantity surveying or procurement background coupled with experience in adjudication, arbitration, mediation and litigation is preferred.
About the Company
1000 Walls Interiors & Decoration is an Interior Design and Fit-out solutions provider which specializes in delivery of high-end luxury spaces and customized interior solutions. Our team carries extensive experience in Hospitality, Retail and Commercial sector with a focus into design, delivery and installation. We offer complete turn-key project management and delivery, relying on our vast network of local and international suppliers as well as our in-house building teams, which specialize in all aspects of project cycle, from design, MEP and structural steel works to joinery, partitions, gypsum works, FF&E delivery & installation, and bespoke finishes. We engage and have executed projects for all sectors of interior design and fit-out field - government and semi-government, retail, commercial, entertainment, food & beverage, hospitality and private residences. We comply with the highest international standards in quality of work, health & safety and environmental protection, and are certified as Grade-A general contractor.
Specialties: Design, Interior Fit-out, Civil Works, MEP Works, Structural Steel and Metal works, Upholstery, Glass Works, Procurement and Project Management.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)