Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
- Administers all activities concerned with post award administration of contracts for works and services carried out under various contract forms and modes of reimbursement associated with oil and gas facilities projects.
- Performs post-award administrative activities including conducting, coordinating all contract submittals and correspondence, reporting, preparation and processing of variation orders, claims, and close out;
- Drafts Invitation to Tender packages for contracts for oil and gas projects. Review and, if necessary, comments on/ proposes alternative text/clauses to client contract conditions;
- Supports / coordinates, risk management activities
- Functions as a part of a project team consisting of multi-discipline engineers and management staff, to establish the terms and conditions of a contract;
- Administers assigned contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Keeps the Contracts Manager advised as to the day-to-day scope activities, financial, and contract risk features of applicable contracts during project execution phase;
- Maintain organized system of physical and digital records - Ensures good record keeping of documentation to negotiate change orders are properly produced and maintained; Pro active with coordinating and gathering necessary information for Project change management / variations and claims
- Excellent writing skills with attention to detail; responsible for drafting letters to clients requesting approvals, notices and interpretations necessary to comply with the provisions of the contract;
- Produces project/facility acceptance documents and obtains necessary approval signatures;
- Identifies contractual problems and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution. Follows up on those problems which demand management attention, to ensure timely response to the client; and
- Ensures all administration activities are carried out in compliance with Contract Quality standards.
- Degree holder (Business Administrator, English Language and/or qualifications in law are a plus, Engineering Discipline is favourable but not essential
- Certified or Chartered status (MRICS) or equivalent professional qualification is preferred but may be waived subject to experience
- Sound knowledge of Contractual Terms & Conditions and Commercial Contract Law;
- Good understanding & extensive experience of procurement and contract administration processes and principles from preparation and issue of Bidders Lists, Contracting Plans and bid invitation package preparation through to award, administration and close out of Contracts
- Strong grasp of procedural requirements & necessity of providing an Audit Trail for Management purposes; and
- Middle East/Arabian Gulf experience is preferred but not mandatory.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.