Job description / Role
• Prepare contractual and commercial aspects of any Project tenders, in consultation with the user departments. Prepare and compile tender/contract documentation, with Legal and Finance groups to ensure viability, legality, interpretation and ease of administration.
• Develop the bidders list(s), including any pre-qualification exercises and evaluations required.
• Perform tender administration activities, including preparing tender clarifications, tender bulletins, and conducting pre-tender meetings.
• Coordinate the technical and unpriced commercial evaluation of tenders and conduct the subsequent priced commercial evaluation of technically acceptable tenders. Prepare the techno-commercial evaluation report and recommendations.
• Prepare contracts related to Projects, Technical Services and Operations, as requested by the user departments, ensuring review and approval by the relevant parties.
• Perform all necessary post-award administration in order to manage the implementation of the contracts.
• Review, advise and negotiate revised terms, variation order requests, change orders, claims, etc.
• Coordinate the final close-out of completed contract(s) by ensuring proper resolution of all outstanding issues and/or disputes with contractors.
• Prepare all Project Steering Committee and Tender Committee submissions to ensure fulfilment of the terms of reference.
• Assist in the tender process, reviewing all T&Cs to ensure compliance with all Company and legislative requirements.
• Ensure full understanding of contract upon award, briefing operational departments on contract terms.
• Place contracts that maximise value, minimise risk and enhance the Company's commercial, legal and corporate integrity.
• Interface professionally with internal departments, including Sales and Marketing, Operations and Finance, as well as external clients, in bid and contract clarification and negotiation.
• Assist with the invoicing/billing processes, ensuring compliance with contractual obligations and identifying areas of work out-with contractual obligations.
• Liaise, advising, participate and work closely with senior management in the daily operations of the business.
• Maintain the contracts database, ensuring that key dates / milestones are captured and implemented.
• Draft, revise and implement additional contractual documentation where required, including non-disclosure agreements, confidentiality agreements, bidding agreements, memoranda of understanding, agency agreements and joint venture agreements.
• Advise various departments on terms and conditions to be given to clients, and accepted from third parties (such as vendors and subcontractors).
• Assist operational departments / finance to ensure that invoicing/Billing is efficiently managed in line with expectations of the Contract, ensuring accuracy of detail and minimizing client rejection.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Sound knowledge of contractual Terms & Conditions and Commercial Contract Law;
• Experience in coordinating a contracts team on multiple projects across multiple locations.
• Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in oil & gas industry plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in contracts development and management in the oil and gas industry including developing contracting strategies, execution of contract up to close-out / post award contract management and preparation for procurement of Long Lead Items.
• Degree holder
• Negotiation, Communication, Managing Interface, Planning & Organizing, Computer (MS Office, MS Project, etc,)
About the Company
Matchtech is a leading global engineering recruitment specialist, with over 30 years' experience in successfully matching job-seekers with hiring employers within the engineering industry. Our 300-strong team of dedicated recruitment consultants provide recruitment services across core engineering sectors including, aerospace, automotive, energy, infrastructure and maritime. We also offer specialist recruitment within the growing field of engineering technology.
We are passionate about quality and work to the most rigorous standards in the recruitment industry. Our goal is to always exceed the expectations of our customers by providing the best delivery and the highest quality service possible.
Contracts Specialist - Corporate & Building
Contract Manager - Main Contractor
Big Fish Recruitment
Hatco for Trading and Contracting
Contracts Specialist - Infrastructure