Job description / Role
• This position is for a professional with experience in power & water EPC (turnkey) contracts, consultancy services contracts, and cost and claim analysis.
• The role holder is responsible for ensuring effective conduct of contract and tendering processes for all of ’s contracts related to construction projects, professional or consulting services, software licensing agreements, maintenance services, manpower supply, etc.
• Formulates the tendering strategy basis the type of engineering contract, bid value and time availability based on the scope of works/ services received from the concerned department.
• Reviews and evaluates the scope of work/ services and initiates required changes to it basis
code of practice and standards in order to protect its interests and set a fair deal with the bid winning contractor.
• Prepares tender schedules which include an in-depth account of the complete tender process and ensures the concerned department provides its agreement on the schedule.
• Prepares the pre-qualification specifications for various types of contracts in accordance with the predetermined assessment criteria for evaluating the bid.
• Ensures coordination with the concerned user department to facilitate the technical evaluation of the bid against the pre-determined qualifiers/specifications and follows-up with tenderers on any missing information and for any technical/ commercial clarifications.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering and minimum twenty years (20) years relevant experience in the same position preferably in a utility environment
• Proficient in the English (must) and Arabic (preferably) languages.
• Proficient in the use of computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
• Interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
• Ability to draft terms and conditions and prepare contractual correspondence.
• Negotiating, writing and interpreting contractual provisions
About the Company
Edgewater is a corporate member of the “Institute of Recruiters”, “The British Institute of Cleaning Science” and “The British Institute of Facility Management”. It is also registered with ‘Ministry of Finance’. We have agreements with reputed recruitment agencies in various countries to work jointly to enhance the outsourcing business in Qatar. Our associate’s several years of specialized experience in recruitment together with the local knowledge and strength of Al Malki Group will provide our clients, one of the best outsourcing solutions.
Our Financial strength is time tested, so that during the worst global recession period, we were able to manage our business without much difficulty. Our Group’s growing net worth and support services available will easily handle Edgewater’s challenges related to the projects. Our active network consists of recruitment agencies in various countries such as the UK, USA, Canada, Egypt, Lebanon, South Africa, India, Philippines, Dubai, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Tunisia, Morocco and Indonesia, etc.