Job description / Role
Provide leadership and management for protecting the position of the contractor’s contractual obligations and financial returns through the use of forecast planning procurement strategies and contract administration, whilst mitigating financial and contractual risks for the project
• Management of the QS team and the function
• Prepare and negotiate all sub-contracts
• Manage project involving/billing to the Client
• Reporting in accordance with the reporting obligations
• Negotiate any variation orders
• Ensure compliance with QA programs and policies
• Minimum 20 years’ experience in contracts documentation, contract administration, financial controls. procurement, contract finalization and project reporting.
• Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying, Construction Economics or related construction/financial discipline and professional MRICS membership (member of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or equivalent Australian or South African membership)
• Knowledge of programs and resource planning
• Knowledge of Head contract and Subcontracts preparation management and administration
• Ability to lead a team of construction and administration professionals
• Skilled issue resolution and advanced negotiation skills
• Proven ability to manage complex relationship with SCs, quantity surveyors consultants and Sub-Contractors
• Proven strong experience in the application of BIM in the design and construction process.
• Communication Skills in English is a must (Communicating in bilingual such as Japanese, Mandarin or Arabic is an advantage)
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.