Job description / Role
• Establish project-specific procurement and contracting guidelines and participates in negotiations with clients, vendors and sub-contractors to protect QPM's interests at project site.
• Lead and manage timely and effective contract administration and procurement activities at assigned project site, guiding the Procurement and Contracts Engineer and ensuring compliance to contracting policies and procedures and ensuring effective monitoring of all contractual terms and conditions related to at all stages of project.
• Establish standard contracting guidelines for the organization to engage in alliances with service providers, vendors and subcontractors with due regard to legal frameworks in the context of operations involved.
• Advise on most suitable and alternative procurement route and contract type
• Establish best practices in the preparation of contract documents and tenders.
• Seek guidance from the Director Contracts Manager Procurement and Contracts to ensure data adequacy.
• Lead qualification process for appointment of contractors and vendors.
• Chair vendor meetings and negotiate contracts with subcontractors and service providers.
• Specify contractual terms, timelines and service level agreements.
• Interpret all contractual (tenders and subcontracts) agreements in the context of project management timelines, cost and other parameters and advises the Project Management Team on contractual rights and obligations.
• Oversee the activities of preparation of bids, process specifications, tests, progress reports and other documents through the tendering process.
• Ensure risk assessment, data relevance and adequacy to complete the tendering processes.
• Contract Award - Prepare and review contract documents for signing and ensure contractor compliance with LOI/LOA requirement s and the terms and conditions of Contract including Insurances, performance bond guarantees and related mandatory requirements.
• Manage subcontract administration and negotiations.
• Monitor subcontractor performance for conformance to the order requirements and maintain continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the subcontract is in accordance with legal requirements.
• Analyze and plan the termination and extension of contractual agreements and provide continued support to business units.
• Work with the Legal team, Manager Procurement and Contracts, and the Project Team for the preparation of documents and legal transcription of contracts.
• Liaise with third party Language specialists to engage in translation of documents.
• Advise of legal status and implementations to minimize client risk exposure
• Share responsibility in the maintenance of record archives for future reference and for technical compliance aspects with particular reference to possible future claims.
• Ensure confidentiality, protecting the rights and obligations of QPM, in compliance with information and document security policies.
• Drive goal setting and performance appraisals for all direct reports.
• Communicate information, policies and decisions to the team in a timely manner.
• Review team performance and oversee linkages with compensation, promotion, career and succession planning.
• Ensure effective implementation of all applicable organizational policies & procedures in department.
• Ensure safety and well being of all QPM staff working as part of the project team.
• Establish and develop professional relationships with peer professionals in the industry.
• Remain updated on global best practices on contracts and procurement.
• Adapt and adopt leading operations management concepts and best practices into QPM.
• Ensure compliance of all contracts and procurement activities with various government and regulatory requirements.
• Contracts law
• Construction sector laws in GCC and globally
• Tendering, bidding and contracting (and contract administration)
• Expert knowledge of the regulatory environment for the Project Management industry
• Advanced knowledge of Client & Vendor Relations concepts
• Understanding of the Project Management industry
• FIDIC, JCT, NEC etc
• Construction contracts (FFP, FP-EPA, CPIF, CPFF etc)
• EDT and cost claims review and analysis".
• Arbitration and ADR experience
• Business acumen
• Analytical and problem solving
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal and teaming
• Cross-cultural sensitivity
• Bachelor's Degree from a recognised University
• MME Registration in hand
• Currently residing in Qatar
• 1+ years completed with current sponsor
• 15+ years post graduate work experience (5 of these minimum within a consultancy firm)
• Experience on 5* hotel projects and tower projects
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Claims / Contracts Manager - Main Contractor
Commercial and Contracts Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Contract Manager (Procurement)
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)