Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job:
• Provides technical and professional assistance to the Senior Contracts Manager for reviewing and providing input to Tender document, technical and commercial evaluation of tenders, change management, analysis of claims.
• Generally, handles multiple project sat a time with full responsibility for completion and handover.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Contracts Manager for detailed review of all tender documents to ensure that the tender documents are in the best interest of the CLIENT, and provide required advice and input.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Contracts Manager for preparation of responses to tender queries related to contractual aspects.
• Identify irregularities, omissions and qualifications in the Tenderer's Technical and Commercial submissions, and notify to the Senior Contracts Manager.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Contracts Manager for evaluation of commercial' proposals submitted by the tenderers and analyzing contractual and commercial impact arising from deviations/qualifications and-non-compliance.
• Prepare commercial clarifications related to deviations/qualifications and noncompliance.
• Provide input to the technical and commercial evaluation reports.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Contracts Manager for detailed review of all draft contract documents to ensure that the tender documents are in the best
interest of CLIENT, and provide required advice and input.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Contracts Manager for review of change request to confirm that the proposed scope of change is not part of the original contract
scope or scope of any previously issued Variation Orders.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Contracts Manager for review of disputes and claims.
• Assist with the Project Handover processes and procedures with input from the Consultants and Contractors ensuring that the business directives and regulations are met via the issuance of the appropriate Completion and Maintenance Certificates.
• Ensure that all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar discipline.
• Chartered Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), or directly equivalent national institution.
• Minimum 15 years' experience in contract management of the large construction projects particularly in the Middle East. Must have experience in developing and controlling healthcare projects from initiation to contract close-out.
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry I international standards, and ability to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines.
• Communication & negotiating skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• In the event of non-availability of Senior Contracts Manager, the incumbent shall be directly responsible all principle accountabilities without the support of the Senior
• Contracts Manager.
• Works within the framework of approved corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform contract management responsibilities and tasks, and in providing expert advice on a wide variety of contract related issues.
• Provide assistance to the Senior Contracts Manager for identification of contractual risks and anticipated problem to projects, and proposing mitigating solutions and
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)