Job description / Role
• Please note you have to be in Qatar with NOC and have MMUP/UPDA certification.
• Provide management support for all aspects of the contractual & financial side of construction projects in Pre and Post contract works.
• Prepare cost projection and liaise work with internal and external parties throughout construction phase.
• Prepare various cost control documents including budgetary estimates from sketch drawings, Costs Estimates and Cost Plans.
• Take off quantities from drawings with measurement software CAD based software and prepare Bill of Quantities for all disciplines.
• Liaise with contract Manger for the contract QS works and propose solutions to meet client obligations.
• Attend tender procedures and assists in preparing the tender evaluation reports.
• Review contractor’s progress, payment applications and issues payment recommendations and payment request.
• Review & evaluate contractor’s claims and variations.
• Provide assistance to Project Managers on contractual issues and independently handle contractual correspondence.
• Review the BOQ of the contract and construction stage
• Provide and support to the construction management
• Perform cost analysis and draw up reports on changes to works and contractor’s claims.
• Review of Claims /VO and prepare replies(letters, report as necessary ).
• Assist in any other relevant post contract administration duties related to QS.
• Prepare the contract at the pre and post contract stage Prepare the sub contractor contract
• Work with all Departments on pre-contract tender procedures and issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in Contract Management, Accounting, or Business law, equivalent is preferred
• Experience at (Fidic), Qatar QS 2014 & Qatar general Condition of contract
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar capacity.
COMPETENCIES REQCOMPETENCIES REQUIREDUIRED
• Good understanding of purchasing and supply chain procedures
• Fundamental knowledge of construction techniques, building materials, standards and equipment
• Problem Solving & Leadership skills
• Ability to read, analyse and interpret legal documents, financial reports and technical documents
• Deep understanding of contracts, contract governance, contractual language and the contract lifecycle
• Relationship Management
• Ability to work in teams and organize work in a methodical way
• Nationality Arabic English ( first choice)Other nationalities
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.