Job description / Role
We are currently recruiting for a MRICS qualified Contracts Manager for our buildings project in Doha.
• Provides technical guidance to assigned personnel, and ensures proficiency and timeliness of contract administration.
• Makes staffing assignments and reassignments as Company and project needs arise.
• Recruits, interviews, and evaluates prospective employees.
• Hires, offers personnel development, conducts performance evaluations, counsels, takes corrective action as required, and approves terminations.
• Ensures that new employees receive orientation in company policies and procedures.
• Manage all tasks related to Contract administration, negotiation, high value claims, and dispute resolution
• Collaborates with Division and project management to ensure proper support in proposal preparation, as well as contract negotiations and administration.
• Reviews requests for proposals to identify risks and contractual terms not conforming to Company policy.
• Negotiates the more difficult, complex, or sensitive issues with clients.
• Maintains an active participation in related professional societies to keep abreast of relevant contractual issues.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
QAR 34,000 to 38,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• BSc degree in Quantify Surveying or equivalent. Should be Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
• 15+ years of prime contract management and administration experience is required
• Extensive experience with contract administration, negotiation, high value claims, dispute resolution, arbitration. Preferably Middle East experience.
• Working knowledge of FIDIC and other international standards, pre- and post-award contract administration.
• Requires a comprehensive knowledge of industry business practices and the negotiation of prime contracts
• Incumbent must also possess strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of PC software packages typically associated with contract administration. Ability to perform in a management capacity is also required
• Experience of administering multiple contracts at any one time.
• Ability to, working with minimal supervision.
• Familiarity with civil and common law is a plus.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.