Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking a Contracts Specialist with a background in buildings and infrastructure projects to join their Contracts and Procurement Division in Qatar.
• Liaising and communicating with the relevant departments on materials or services required to deliver the scope of work
• Implementing standardized tendering methods for project procurement; using standard templates, tools, and documents that facilitate tender preparation
• Assisting in the maintenance of accurate vendor databases, and ensuring the databases reflect the latest information on pricing, delivery time, and resources
• Managing the end-to-end RFP process: from bid scoping, bid conditioning and evaluation and shortlisting/selection to awarding
• Recommending vendors based on bids along with vendor scorecards
• Assisting in negotiating with contractors to ensure the highest quality service at the most effective price
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering subject or equivalent
• At least 5 years’ experience in large scale construction projects
• Extensive knowledge of tendering and procurement processes within the construction industry, with demonstrable experience of performing procurement/contracting duties
• Experience in awarding and managing contracts, with knowledge of commercial, technical, and legal contract terms
• In-depth knowledge of procurement and contracting standards, requirements, internal controls, policies and procedures, with a strong understanding of local Qatari regulations
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.