Job description / Role
• Interprets contract provisions to help resolve claims and questions submitted by contractors in accordance with Ashghal policies and guidelines;
• Monitors compliance to contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before approval of the Tender
• Assist Senior Contracts Specialist to initiates and/or conducts meetings with contractors concerning contractual problems as requested by Project Manager/Engineer.
• Establish and update records of all correspondence related to contract activity
• Analyze the proposal request and provide written response containing exact cost information of material, time, and services.
• Review Contract Management & examine compliance per work scope.
• Review the accuracy and adequacy of the contract and its integral documents such as bonds, insurance, BOQs, and specifications
• Monitor the cycle for contract proposals through contract expiration or completion
• Studies claims and disputes and recommend desired course of action to Senior Contracts Specialist.
• Archive and use current claims and dispute data as case study material to train staff in claims assessment and serve as guidelines for future contracts.
• Guides in processing requests for variation, addendum, extension of time, etc., in accordance with established procedures and exercises contract cost control.
• Manages the maintenance of complete, accurate, and up-to-date contract records and logs.
• Provide analytical support to the management team.
• BSc in a Construction related field gained from a known University
• At least 10 years’ industrial experience with overview contract implementation terms and analysis of commercial & technical contracts which includes condition of contracts, reviewing/ evaluating/ responding to proposal/variation/claim and delay requests, pricing and negotiations and handle dispute resolutions, and charge back reports.
• Preferably, have minimum 3 years of experience in the gulf region.
• Candidates with experience in Insurance procedures will be highly favored.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||16 Mar|
Senior Contract Specialist
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Solar Project - Contracts Manager
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited