Job description / Role
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Controls Field Service Engineer You will be an expert in Control Engineering, focused on site activities management such as planning, manpower resources/tools assignment and technical assistance to complete the work scope according to the contractual requirements
Shall be able to perform these tasks in autonomy:
- Prepare field services jobs and interventions with the project managers based in the GE Oil & Gas offices.
- Assist Start-up Engineer during the commissioning phase ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise
- Write accurate professional reports acting as single point of contact between Customers and GE Oil & Gas Headquarter concerning technical issues and interfacing with all involved functions
- Use company e-tools to retrieve technical documents and management of packing list, bill of material and drawings
- Ensure all in-field activities are carried out safely complying with company environmental Health & Safety (EHS) guidelines and procedures.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent business experience
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of related working experience in Oil & Gas industry within maintenance and installation field activities
- Strong knowledge on rotating equipment installation/maintenance. The Candidate should posses knowledge working on O&G Product Equipment:
- HDGT Gas Turbines (Fr 52d, Fr 6 as a minimum Requirement)
- Centrifugal Compressors (BCL and MCL Types of Machines
- Reciprocating Compressors ("H" Series Machines)
- PGT 25 Machines and their auxiliaries (lube oil system, fuel gas system, seal gas system, steam system etc)
- Expertise in troubleshooting of Speedtronic™ Mark VI for GE DLN1 FR5 gas turbines in oil & gas industry
- Troubleshooting capability and knowledge of associated systems namely BN 3500 / BN System 1/ Anti Surge Controller CCC / ESD PLC Triconix / F&G HIMA PLC.
- Experienced in start-up and operation of DLE on PGT Machines
- Ability to understand and implement mechanical drawings (section dwg; construction dwg; P&ID; alignment specification, flushing/blowing procedure; piping specification; wiring diagram, etc…)
- Excellent English fluency both spoken and written
- Availability to frequent travel worldwide on and off-shore. Long Duration Assignments
- Flexibility to support within short notice to Adhere to Customer requirements as per Business demand
- Good experience in Mark VI and VIE control systems
- Good attitude to manage relationships with customer and Oil&Gas HQs, concerning technical and contractual aspects
- Follow up all quality procedures according to BHGE QA manual and procedures
- Working knowledge and application of HSE rules
- Coordination and management of GE Oil & Gas contracted manpower (when applicable)
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills together with good interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Excellent written & Spoken communication Skills with the ability to utilize company tools and Write up customer reports
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.