Job description / Role
To be the subject matter expert , on location / on shift for :HSSE Procedures, including Qatar Labour Law , QP regulations in respect of HSSE, and landlord regulations and requirements for the work place / camp locations. Support QHSSE Manager in developing , administering and maintaining the HSSEQ Management system across the organization , this would entail but not limited to:
- Documenting HSSE management procedures / SOPS/ instructions.
- Recording the information / data on HSSEQ objectives / KPIS / target.
- Periodical review of procedures , formats for ensuring its suitability , adequacy and effectiveness.
- Liaise and coordinate with clients , suppliers and stake holders in exchanging pertinent HSSEMS information.
- Update and maintain HSSEQ Management system relevant HSSE information and data.
- Carryout any other assignment allotted by the line manager.
- Establish safe systems of work (SSOW) for all hazardous operations by ensuring identification of hazards and risks, proper equipment , material , competent personnel , supervision , standard , operating procedures ,etc.
- To Ensure and enforce adherence to procedures and legal requirements, in the workplace and company premises (i.e. Offices , Workshops , yard areas ,camps) and has authority to cease Milaha operations / activities that contravene any existing procedures or are clearly unhealthy , unsafe , unsecure or detrimental to the environment.
- Ensure that Milaha substance abuse policy ( Drug & Alcohol Policy) and smoking policy are strictly implemented in its operational areas.
- Monitor, measure and report the leading and lagging HSSE KPI on regular basis towards overall HSSE statics reporting.
- Ensure that hazard identification and risk assessment strategy is implemented and embedded in all operations so that Milaha risk assessment process is managing its HSSE hazards and identified risks.
- Drive the HSSE audits , inspections and surveys across workshops , dry docks and other operationally important areas and ensure effective adherence to agreed action plan and targets by the process owner / concerned.
- Responds to and investigates all accidents , incidents , near misses , enquiries and requests / complaints from operational areas , 3rd party agencies , stake holders and other relevant authorities , taking where necessary , enforcement action under the direction of the QHSSE Manager.
- To ensure all accident / incidents are investigated , necessary reports and supporting documentation is completed correctly and sent to the appropriate departments for action, to be verified and approved by the QHSSE Manager before being distributed.
- Should be able to develop , deliver and record HSSE training to staff, contractors , and customers are required.
- Ensure shipyard work permit system is effectively implemented, Conduct work permit audits at regular intervals to determine the compliance.
- Ensuring that the register of lifting machinery , lifting tackle and shackles is maintained correctly by the relevant section , to carry out regular inspections and audits on this equipment.
- Respond to emergency response plan to discharge assigned responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure security surveillance of the facility is effective and in conformance with the ISPS code requirements , control and consult the security guards in relation to security matters.
- To participate in Milaha after hours emergency service as required.
Educations & Professional Qualification:
- Degree / Diploma in engineering or health, safety and environmental subject.
- NEBOSH International General Certificate.
- Lead or Internal auditor ( ISO45001/ISO14001).
- Hazard identification & Risk assessment knowledge & implementation.
- Work safety inspections and auditing.
- permit to work system.
- Accident incident investigation knowledge and understanding.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years’ experience as HSSE Supervisor in marine, Oil and gas or heavy fabrication industry.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Language Skills:
- Must be fully conversant in English.
- Arabic ( Desirable).
- Additional languages like Hindi , Tamil , Tagalog , Urdu , etc an advantage.
- Market / Industry / Functional knowledge :
- Good technical & operational knowledge of marine / port operations and services .
- Emergency response knowledge.
- Knowledge of relevant local & international HSSE legislation , regulations & industry best practices.
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Management Solutions International (MSI)
Health and Safety Manager - Pipeline Construction
|Abu Dhabi||5 Mar|
HSE Manager - Site Based
Swisslinx Middle East
Ignite Search & Selection