Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Coordinator - Logistics
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
- To assume the responsibility to coordinate the company procurement and supply chain processes to ensure the on time transportation, storage and delivery of all procured plant, equipment and materials.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the smooth and efficient operation of the company logistic and supply chain processes
- Develops documentation and operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing and transportation.
- Ensure systems and structures are in place to monitor the flow of equipment, tools and materials and integrates, coordinates and aligns with the company operational and acquisition systems and processes .
- Liaise with vendors on shipping to negotiate, determine, optimise and manage the routing and method of transportation selected on the criteria of price, operational requirements, travel time and availability.
- Liaise and develop good working relationships with Qatari Chamber of Commerce, port and customs officials to ensure the quick processing of all attested documentation required to clear and release imported goods.
- Plan, direct, and coordinates appropriate in country storage and distribution operations and negotiates with carriers, warehouse operators, and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates.
- Support the development of the company quality management strategy with appropriate systems and processes in accordance to the requirements of ISO 9001 and 14001 accreditation
- Contribute to the team ethic and perform other reasonable duties as required in support of the business and will be required to work off site in support of business activities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ideal candidate will come from a background in supply chain, logistics or procurement ideally in an internationally renowned engineering organisation and experienced in logistics coordination and will have a minimum of 5 years experience and exposure to international logistics procedures and activities and must be proficient in all MS Office applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ambitious and energetic with excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible attitude and approach to work, hours and location. Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have first class negotiation, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills and understand the importance logistics can have on the overall success of the business.
- A "can do" attitude and approach and must be results focused and deadline driven with the commitment, self confidence, drive and ability to overcome daily challenges Must have a clear understanding of how to utilise best practices in supply chain and logistics to support the successful and sustained development of the business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the assigned job holder. However they are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills as all personnel are required to perform other reasonable duties outside of their normal responsibilities in support of the company.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Officer - Administration
Oryx Engineering Solutions
Oryx Engineering Solutions
Storekeeper / Purchasing
Irwin & Dow