Job description / Role
Project: Secondment of staff and on call professional services for the airport expansion project.
We are hiring an ambitious and forward-thinking cost and change manager to join our established and growing team in Qatar.
This is an opportunity to work on a complex, long-term airport development scheme.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Developing an understanding of the procurement process to realise best value.
• Helping our clients to understand the potential costs of construction projects.
• Assisting the team with producing feasibility estimates, cost estimates and cost plans.
• Assisting the team with building measurements and design assessments.
• Assisting with the management of costs through the construction phase of the project by regular reporting and monitoring.
• Managing of project design and cost changes during construction.
• Conducting site valuations and payments to the main contractor.
• Assisting the client’s team with implementing the construction contract.
• You will have a degree qualification in quantity surveying or cost management.
• You are digitally and can build lasting client relationships and provide support to strong, motivated teams.
• You have significant experience in commercial and cost management for different types of building and related facilities.
• You have experience in a similar role in a construction or consultancy background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace has to offer.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.