Job description / Role
The Cost Control Engineer will monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims to ensure that all project’s expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Provide cost controlling support for the project which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of billing processes, etc
- Perform technical and commercial review of long time tenders (subcontractor’s quotations) for the preparation of Service agreements
- Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Prepare monthly vessel movement report for the monitoring of the vessel activities on a daily basis and register all downtime, consumption and vessel related issues relating to the project promptly to the project manager and management.
- Coordinate and work with the project management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
- Attend project meetings and discussions with the PMT.
- Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Provide cost control to the internal PMT team as and when required.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Degree in Engineering with specialization in Project Management or Cost Control related training.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in cost control.
- Knowledge of (EVM) Earned Value Management System.
- Technically strong in project cost planning, scheduling and reporting.
- Knowledge in the use of MS Project, Primavera Scheduling and SAP software’s is highly advantageous
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
About the Company
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting is a Grade "A" Qatari Contracting Company, which specializes in project management, construction, execution and Design Build for road works and infrastructure projects.
BOTC is highly committed to continuously upgrading its performance to keep pace with the emerging needs of the market and ultimately achieve client satisfaction. BOTC recognises that its success comes from and is attributed to its engineers and staff. Without their commitment, ingenuity, and hard work, BOTC would not be the success story it is today or the company we are striving to be tomorrow.
BOTC has a long history of delivering its projects on time, within budget and to the high quality demanded by the client. These are the traditions that made BOTC valued by its clients, and as our CEO, Dori Labaki says: "The road to a successful partnership is paved with guaranteed quality and unrivaled professionalism. Here at BOTC, we have secured an award-winning reputation with our clients built on mutual respect and shared value, and have grown into a leading business institution in Qatar. It is with this confidence that we look forward to many more years of prosperity ahead."