Job description / Role
The Cost Controller reports directly to the Cost Control Manager and is responsible for Cost Control Services including but not limited to those of cost estimating, budget control, cost forecasting, cost reporting and cost risk analysis.
• Understand the company and project specific cost procedures and carry out all work in accordance with these.
• Study and understand all relevant project documents relating to cost management.
• Work with all relevant project personnel to ensure that cost control procedures are in place.
• Assist is setting up project(s) with Computerized Cost System upon agreed format.
• Assisting the project manager in identifying and gaining approval of estimates/change requests.
• Reviewing cost commitment and expenditure information for all cost elements, for input to the computerized cost control and reporting system on a consistent basis and ensuring that all information received is accurate and correctly input.
• Producing regular cost reports and advising management of any forecast cost overruns as soon as possible to allow corrective actions to be taken in a timely manner.
• Highlighting cost areas of concern and suggesting areas of improvement.
• Maintaining comprehensive accessible registers of financial approvals, variations and change orders.
• Liaising with the finance department with regards to establishing monthly evaluation of work done, goods received and services rendered for invoice preparation and verification.
• Ensure that all cost related work is in compliance with procurement contract(s).
• Bachelor Degree in Cost Management, Quantity Surveying, Finance or Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in project cost control for roads and Infrastructure.
• Strong management, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-directed and highly-motivated.
• Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
• Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
• Fluent in written and spoken English language.
• High computer literacy and good working knowledge of relevant cost software.
• Engineering or other relevant degree from an accredited institution would be considered an advantage.
About the Company
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting is a Grade "A" Qatari Contracting Company, which specializes in project management, construction, execution and Design Build for road works and infrastructure projects.
BOTC is highly committed to continuously upgrading its performance to keep pace with the emerging needs of the market and ultimately achieve client satisfaction. BOTC recognises that its success comes from and is attributed to its engineers and staff. Without their commitment, ingenuity, and hard work, BOTC would not be the success story it is today or the company we are striving to be tomorrow.
BOTC has a long history of delivering its projects on time, within budget and to the high quality demanded by the client. These are the traditions that made BOTC valued by its clients, and as our CEO, Dori Labaki says: "The road to a successful partnership is paved with guaranteed quality and unrivaled professionalism. Here at BOTC, we have secured an award-winning reputation with our clients built on mutual respect and shared value, and have grown into a leading business institution in Qatar. It is with this confidence that we look forward to many more years of prosperity ahead."