Job description / Role
Rixos Qetaifan Island North
Opening mid 2022, Rixos Doha Qetaifan will comprise a 345-key hotel, along with a souq encompassing 11,000sq m of leasing space, a beach club, a theme park and a waterpark. The resort will boast panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf. Slated to make its debut right before the World Cup, Rixos plans to provide a platform for showcasing Qatar as a tourism destination. One of the country's biggest draws will be Qetaifan Island North's waterpark attraction The Icon Tower, the world's highest tower of its kind, reaching 82 metres in height.
Cost Controller - Waterpark
This position is responsible for calculating the cost of F&B items and other areas in the waterpark and also responsible for the short and long-term planning of costing and pricing aspects.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a unique and complex resort in Qatar
- Take advantage of opportunities to be recognized for your professional contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Organization of financial administration.
- The following responsibilities are within the framework of Planning and organizing, communication, general responsibilities, and administration.
- Aware of the daily activities and has product knowledge of all the hotel facilities
- To ensure a smooth operation of the food and beverage department through organization and administration
- Implements and keeps an internal control and audit system, which will ensure the efficient supervision of the food and beverage controls and costs.
- Maintains effective employee relations.
- Prepares and controls work schedules.
- To facilitate human resources development and maintain effective communication within the department and with other departments in the Hotel.
- Receives and verifies the suppliers' invoices and monthly statements matching invoices and receiving slips against purchase orders and market listings. All goods received without an invoice are registered separately as goods received without an invoice. Prepares accounts payable vouchers.
- Controls and registers the flow of goods in and out from the following areas: receiving, storerooms, main kitchen, and F&B outlets in the waterpark.
- Participates in the monthly, quarterly, and year-end inventories. The physical inventory reports are prepared for the following: food, beverages, mini-bar, operating supplies, and S.O.E. Perpetual inventories are undertaken whenever necessary.
- Establishes the daily and monthly food & beverage costs per outlet and the daily profit and loss statement per outlet if any are monitored.
- Prepares the month-end closing reports for the following: food, beverage, mini bar, and operating supplies.
- Takes care of month-end adjustments and related functions in coordination with the Accounting Manager and /or the Director of Finance.
- Performs any additional duties as requested by the Accounting Manager and/or the Director of Finance.
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum two years of experience as a Cost controller preferably in a waterpark or theme park.
- Bachelor's degree or/diploma in accounting
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Your team & working environment:
At Accor, we are Heartists!
Are you ready to put your heart at the center of everything that you do? If so, then join our team of Heartists at Rixos Qetaifan Island, Every day, we look for opportunities to engage on a personal & meaningful way with our guests and each other. We deliver heartfelt hospitality in an environment that is engaging, enthusiastic and professionally rewarding!
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.