TRS Staffing Solutions
Job description / Role
• Assist in planning the appointment of personnel to assigned vessels in accordance with the procedures, agreed terms & conditions of employment and specified experience/training/qualification matrices.
• Assist the Crewing Manager in the preparation of 12 month forward looking crew rotation plan for assigned vessels.
• Assist the Crewing Manager to monitor the seafarers’ recruitment processes used by the Company and Manning Agencies. Be proactive with advice and support to colleagues with the aim of building strong professional working relationships. Advise the Crewing Manager of any identified problems/difficulties.
• Plan, implement and control crew changes making appropriate arrangements in compliance with the Company procedures, international standards and within the budget.
• Assist in the implementation and follow-up of Seafarers’ Performance Appraisals, maintaining close liaison with the relevant reporting officer. Ensure input of appraisal reports in PSP.
• Assist the Crewing Manager to ensure that assigned vessels manning levels comply with relevant international and Flag State legislations, union agreements and, in consultation with the Marine Superintendent are compatible with vessel maintenance needs, trading patterns and owner requirements.
• Enter all relevant seafarers’ data accurately into PSP.
• Assist in the preparation of crew budgets and monitor adherence to those budgets through effective cost control.
• Assist in the monitoring of crew P&I claims and assist relevant departments as required.
• Assist the Crewing Manager in the verification of the invoices received from suppliers.
• Actively participates in ensuring a healthy and safe working environment for all and no harm is caused to the environment
• Responsible for complying with all Company Management System guidelines and policies
• Relevant experience working in shipping/marine management companies in Qatar is desirable
• Good communication (oral and written) skills.
• Awareness and understanding of cultural and diversity issues.
• Good organisational and planning skills
• Good excel skills
• Flexible and adaptable with ability to work in a fast moving environment
About the Company
Established in 1984
TRS works around the world finding and connecting the best talent with businesses and organisations that: design, build, operate, maintain or support the production of goods and services for a variety of industry sectors covering; oil, gas, chemicals, infrastructure, life sciences, manufacturing, mining, power, renewable energy and public sector.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Receptionist and Admin Assistant
Astrolabe Capital LLC
Sales Manager (HoReCa)
Middle East Executive