Job description / Role
• Reads project contract, specifications, plans and other relevant documentation associated with assigned project to learn project requirements.
• Using the crusher and its support equipment produce aggregate that meets project specifications and quantities.
• Makes recommendations to Aggregate Manager concerning safety, maintenance, and production improvements to crushing operation.
• Staffs appropriate work force necessary to complete project.
• Trains employees concerning company safety policies, MSHA regulations, EEO policies, benefits and standard company procedures. Enforces all company policies.
• Participates in MSHA inspections. Conducts site specific MSHA training and safety training.
• Resolves complaints and grievances voiced by project work force.
• Setup portable crushing equipment, conveyors, ancillary equipment, haul and access roads.
• Routinely inspects site for potential hazards or safety concerns and MSHA compliance.
• Coordinates and supervises daily activities of 10 to 15 people. Sets work schedules.
• Prioritizes and directs maintenance personnel on repairs of onsite heavy equipment and crusher.
• Travel to and from company projects.
• Collects, enters and transfers weekly project payroll (employee hours), job cost (equipment hours, load counts), other administrative information (purchase orders, subcontract info, etc.) to corporate offices
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Minimum five years experience working as superintendent of a portable crushing plant. Has had formal training, or equivalent, in the following: aggregate gradation ranges, sieve sizes, aggregate testing methods, tolerances and sampling frequencies. Clean MVR with Class A CDL. Has working knowledge of MSHA metal/non-metal rules and regulations.
Position requires employee to frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, handle objects, reach outward, and reach above head and shoulders, climb, squat, kneel, bend, and frequently lift /carry/push/pull/move/drag on flat ground or steep slopes up to 50 lbs.
Work is outdoors. Working conditions range from frigid to hot temps, high winds, flying dust, slipping hazards and conditions and frequently exposed to loud noise from heavy equipment and machinery.
Candidate must be in QATAR for transferable visa.
About the Company
Matchtech is a leading global engineering recruitment specialist, with over 30 years' experience in successfully matching job-seekers with hiring employers within the engineering industry. Our 300-strong team of dedicated recruitment consultants provide recruitment services across core engineering sectors including, aerospace, automotive, energy, infrastructure and maritime. We also offer specialist recruitment within the growing field of engineering technology.
We are passionate about quality and work to the most rigorous standards in the recruitment industry. Our goal is to always exceed the expectations of our customers by providing the best delivery and the highest quality service possible.