Job description / Role
• Respond to all requests for quotations from internal parties within 24 hours from initial receipt and provide reports to the Supervisor – Customer Relationship;
• Respond promptly to the problems of the customer related to the service provided to them;
• Monitor the shipments on a daily basis, deal with any issues that may have occurred (like any lost shipments, SOB status, Shipment status, Container loading and positioning, Quoting);
• Liaise with all overseas agents ,major shipping lines and airlines in procuring the best rates as per the customer’s requirements;
• Maintain records of interactions/shipments with the customers in an orderly manner;
• Participate in the business activities for the company in cooperation with the Business development team and other relevant departments to ensure proper coordination of orders or customer’s requirements is highly maintained;
• Coordinate with the operation department to find solutions and resolve matters in relation to customer’s queries;
• Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and maintain closed contact with all customers – including follow up on concerns or other issues;
• Assist A/R collections and support team members when needed;
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Professional Qualification
• Diploma, preferably in transportation or related education.
• Minimum of 4 years’ of experience in Logistics Sales with proven sales background in the 3Pl/Logistics industry.
• GCC or other countries in a similar business setting.
• MS Office skills (Outlook, EXCEL, PowerPoint) Exposure and knowledge of Freight IT systems/ tools to enable business improvements.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
• Strong knowledge of the Qatar logistics market; Strong knowledge of local and regional customs procedure and legislation; Understand and be able to exploit customer opportunities within and outside of Qatar.
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.