Job description / Role
General Job Purpose Brief:
• Supervise all aspects related to passenger handling, check-in, boarding gates, Lost & Found , flight handling, customer service, special handling, safety, standards and procedures, offices, ramp and arrivals (but not limited to) within the area of responsibility at the airport premises with general direction from the Duty Officer.
• Allocate the manpower resources appropriately on a shift basis in order to maximize proper front-line staff utilization with assurance that they are all trained on airport procedures and special handling policies.
• Research and analyze various options (during flight disruptions, miss-connections) to coordinate with other airline staff to take prompt decisions with regards to: re-routing of passengers, provision of accommodation with facilities in order to minimize loss of revenue for the airline and concurrently ensure That customers’ trust is retained.
• Compile detailed flight reports to ensure services are delivered as per stipulated international /local standards within the established precision timings and make sure it is submitted to the Duty Officer Customer Services at all times.
• Comprehensively plan and organize the handling of ‘critical’ OAL flights through liaison with Reservation services, Station Managers / Reps. - other airlines, Hotels, Airport Authorities, and internal Departments, in order to secure prior arrangements to effectively deal with demanding situations such as, but not limited to: Denied Boarding of Passengers, Downgrading of Aircraft, Flight Delays/Cancellations,
• Control & coordinate all passenger-handling activities, in order to ensure services are delivered as per stipulated international/local standards within the established precision timings.
• Maintain a comprehensive log of all incidents and flight related information (Incident Report).
• Meet & assist commercially important people and VIPs travelling on the flight, in order to ensure that due attention is given to meet their expectations and status needs thereby securing their goodwill and enhance image of QAS and the Airline
• Ensure proper planning and controlling for the activities and manpower within the shift to meet the operational requirement & optimize utilization.
• Monitor the resources and equipment in Customer Care section at the Ramp and inside the Terminal in accordance to the operational requirement and signed contracts
• Prepare & submit the shift detailed report at the end of duty period
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
• Without a Degree: High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 3 years of job-related experience.
OR With a Degree:
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 2 years of job-related experience.
• Preferred: Experience/Good working knowledge of Departure Control System and other software such as: QAS Care.
Required Work Knowledge and Skills:
• Proficiency in spoken and written English.
• Good understanding of Resource Management.
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
• Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow.
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
• Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills.
• Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
• Has the ability to make gap analysis and suggest for corrective/preventive actions.
• Proficiency in Passenger Handling Procedures and the Departure Control Systems.
• Command over spoken and written Arabic.
• Can speak and understand other languages.
About the Company
ACCIONA is one of Spain's principal business groups and a leader in the fields of infrastructure development and management, renewable energy, water and services.
With a century of history, and more than 30,000 professionals, it operates in over 30 countries on the five continents. ACCIONA is included in Spain\'s blue-chip Ibex 35 index and is a core stock in the market (see Financial Information).
ACCIONA's positioning as a pioneer in development and sustainability expresses its capacity to respond to the challenge of attaining sustainable development through all its areas of activity. One of its specific commitments is to steadily reduce its carbon footprint and lead the transition to a low-carbon economy. ACCIONA\'s activities and businesses avoid millions of metric tons of emissions every year (see Emissions Meter). The Sustainability Master Plan develops the Company's sustainability strategy.