Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose:
Liaise with Customs as a representative of the Shipping Agency and guarantee compliance with Government rules and Port regulations while conducting Customs’ formalities.
Document Preparation & Submission:
• Coordinate with Agents and, if necessary, advice on completion of vessel and cargo related Customs formalities for compliance with laws and regulations.
• Prepare the cargo manifest for the vessel and its cargo.
• Procure the required NIL and Product manifests by submitting clearance documents for approval by Customs.
• Submit original documents for record purposes.
• Conduct precise distribution of all manifest copies to their respective sections to ensure the same during final disbursement.
• Prepare Arabic letters, as per requirement, for submission to Customs bodies.
• Calculate and pay the Customs duties and levies.
• Monitor the expenditure and enter the costs against respective WBS.
• Maintain detailed logs of the expenditure for replenishment of credit cards.
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment:
• Adhere to all relevant IMS policies, procedures, instructions, and controls so that NAKILAT provides safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
• Follow all relevant departmental policies and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
• Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
• Ensure complete compliance of submitted Customs documents with laws and regulations and acceptance of the documents by Customs
• Ensure accurate expenditure logs with zero errors
• Secondary school diploma or higher
• Should have passed the customs license qualification, if not should have the minimum requirements to enroll for the customs course
• Should hold a valid Qatar driving license
• 2 to 4 years of experience, preferably in a customs and shipping environment
• Experience in Windows application (MS Office Suite) maybe an advantage
Job Specific Skills:
• Understanding of the local government rules and regulations regarding the shipping environment
• Strong understanding of Qatari Customs regulations
• Use of Windows based software (MS Office suite) and SAP will be an added advantage
• Preference will be given to Qatari candidates
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.