Job description / Role
The Department Manager is responsible for overseeing Department floor activities in order to ensure that its operations are carried out in the most effective manner and in compliance with the company customer service standards. He/she is also responsible for maintaining high standards of visual merchandising and store presentation, and ensuring availability of products at all times.
- Greet customers and ensure that they are served by shop staff in a timely manner and in compliance with quality and customer service standards.
- Ensure proper implementation of company policies and procedures for operational effectiveness.
- Control merchandising of products in order to optimize sales and ensure it is in line with brand image and standards.
- Monitor stock levels on a continuous basis, maintain inventories and re-order merchandise when needed in order to ensure adequate stocks and maximum range and size availability at all times.
- Manage the Department staff by setting goals and objectives, managing performance, developing and motivating employees, in order to ensure the highest levels of performance are achieved.
- Run daily Department meetings in order to ensure all Department activities, objectives and events are properly understood and communicated.
- Conduct on-the-job training, demonstration and instruction for existing employees, in order to support their development and ensure the highest standards of performance are achieved.
- Specific for Multimedia: Plan and prepare team schedule on a weekly basis, and submit it to hierarchy.
- Specific for Multimedia: Enforce up-selling and cross-selling within the team in order to maximize sales volume and ensure set targets are reached.
- Specific for Multimedia: Conduct performance appraisals for department's staff on a bi-yearly basis
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of experience in a managerial role and in Retail/ Multimedia preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of shop operating procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluency in English
- Strong product knowledge across all departments
- Cultural Awareness
- Commercial Understanding
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Driving and achieving results
- Developing and Motivating Others
About the Company
Azadea Group is a premier fashion and lifestyle retail company that owns and operates more than 50 leading international franchise concepts across the Middle East, North Africa, Asia and Europe. Since its inception in 1978, the Group has grown a substantial chain of stores representing leading international brand names in fashion and accessories, food and beverage, home furnishing, sporting goods and multimedia.With over 11,000 employees, the company boasts a solid infrastructure overseeing more than 600 stores spread across 15 countries including Algeria, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and United Arab Emirates.