Job description / Role
Our client, a large construction firm is looking to hire a Deputy Project Director for a prestigious project to be based in a major city in the Middle East. The Deputy Project Director will help in achieving the commitment we have made to our projects.
• Direct and oversee construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and regulations.
• Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
• Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates, and deliverables.
• Negotiate agreement terms, manage construction contract drafts, bid on projects, and obtain permits to analyze and mitigate risks.
• Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized, while ensuring the client’s needs and wants are efficiently met.
• Review projects on a daily basis to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
• Supervise construction projects to ensure they are completed on time and exceed the customer’s requirements.
• Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
• Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of the construction project; monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction departments.
• Review and interpret proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiates revisions where appropriate; advise consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results.
• Ensure that project operations are in compliance with design specifications and client requirements.
• Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepare project specifications and coordinates procurement as appropriate.
QAR 75,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• A recognized degree in Architecture/Engineering.
• Minimum 20 years of professional experience in large/complex projects.
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in large international airport projects (Experience in operational airport environment preferred).
• Minimum 10 years of site experience.
• Strong track record in delivering projects in a fast-moving and challenging environment.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such a request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please reach us.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Projects Director / Operations Manager - Construction Developer
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Rider Levett Bucknall
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
Ignite Search & Selection