Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose:
Under direct supervision of the Design Engineer - Structural, develops, completes, check structural outfitting drawings in conformance with contract work scope, statutory & code requirements, Integrated M Management System (IMS) procedures, design parameters, site survey input, material compliance etc.
• Aware of latest marine industry practice for structure for ships and supports Engineers to establish and review design engineering process phase deliverables.
• Develop 3D Structural Model from the Approved for Construction (AFC) drawings & export shop drawings for fabrication.
• Design & develop of Curved hull for Ship and generate the Fabrication drawing including Assembly, Single Part Sketch, Nesting Plan, Bending Template and Material Take off.
• Design & develop Planner structural details not limiting to preparation of Shop fabrication drawings,
• Assembly plans, Nesting plans, Weld maps, Connection details, Material Take Off (MTO) etc. for different types of Ship
• Develops detailed Engineering drawings based on the concept developed by Structural Engineer in line with the Class rules & yard standards.
• Conducts site surveys as per the work scope along & Prepare field checks, take dimensions & site modification proposals.
• Develops Structural Material Take Off (MTO) based on the work scope & survey.
• Develops the Building Sequence for the Ship Assembly Blocks
• Develop Lifting Plans for structural modules for required for fabrication.
• Develop drawings within the Estimated drawing schedule prepared by the Engineer.
• Ensure that drawings are checked before issuance to avoid rework by carefully updating the drawing check list
• Take Ownership and accountability of the drawing & carryout out root cause analysis & corrective action should there be any engineering drawing error
• Ensure that there are no additional manhours spent on the drawings such that it leads to budget escalation.
• Avoid rework due to drawing errors which may lead to cost overruns
• Ensure that drawings are issued in line with the safety requirements of the yard & the Classification rules.
• Ensures that drawing meets All the statutory code requirements specified in the contract.
• Displays safe behavior on site and in the office
• Ensures Drawings are produced to meet the Contract technical specs & Class rules.
• Helps the design engineer to produce drawings to meet the department KPIs for quality.
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent./Degree in Mechanical Engineering/naval Architecture
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience in drawing development of Ship Detail design on New Building & Retro-fit Projects.
• Relevant experience in Marine design, preferably in shipyard with core experience in 2D & 3D Modeling of Ship Structure.
• Very sound knowledge on auto computer aided design (ACAD) is essential.
• Proficient in Detail Design Software CADMATIC is essential. TEKLA Experience will be added advantage.
• CADMATIC Project setup and Software admin is essential.
• Generation of Block Fabrication drawing as per yard Standards
• Generation of Single part Sketch and Material Take Off
• Generate Nesting File and NC Output
• Must be familiar with specifications of Marine structural design, technical practices, design instructions, welding types & standards, drawing presentation.
• Relevant Experience in 3D scanning Job and Extracting 3D scanning data into point cloud.
• Relevant Experience in BWTS Detail Engineering.
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.