Job description / Role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and review multi engineering disciplines project inputs. Critically assess the application of design criteria, check plans and specifications for accuracy of design and completeness for smooth construction on site with minimum disruption.
- Review the design according to the local codes/standards (including but not limited to QHDM, QTM, WZTMG, QCS etc) and international codes where the local documents are not applicable.
- Coordinate with relevant agencies and stakeholders to expedite their feedback and obtain approvals.
- Check the overall Traffic management plan to support the project schedule considering the utilities diversion and construction sequence without abortive work.
- Link the design deliverables with construction sequence and prioritize the activities to meet the project dead line without abortive work.
- Work with planning and procurement teams of the project to make sure the project will be completed as committed.
- Work with technical & Construction teams to avoid clashes and find acceptable technical solutions for unforeseen constraints.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 18 years post-graduate and demonstrable overall experience, out of which 10 years as a Manager/Technical lead in a design management capacity of similar works.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University
- Professional Qualifications from a recognized International Institution
- Chartered Engineer status from an accredited institution is required
- Additional Membership of an accredited, recognized Project Management Institution would be an advantage
- Demonstrable successful experience in a technical lead capacity in utilities design & construction of similar large scale open cut and/ or micro tunneling sewerage, surface & ground water networks projects within a congested city
- Experience includes but not limited to design of trunk sewers, micro tunneling sewers, etc., and must have at least two years of current experience in similar projects in Middle East etc.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.