Job description / Role
- Produces printed materials by studying job specifications; setting-up, operating, adjusting, controlling, and maintaining printing equipment; maintaining supplies inventory.
- Understands printing job requirements by studying job specifications; assessing requirements for solvent, aqueous, and UV printers; organizing job sequence; retrieving/ordering required ink, vinyl, and various substrates.
- Sets-up printers by loading stock and adjusting for size; adjusting pressures and tensions; loading rolls of vinyl; setting computer controls.
- Establishes printing quality by pulling proof copies; adjusting, speed, and drying temperatures.
- Maintains production and quality by inspecting random production samples; loading vinyl; adjusting settings and controls; correcting jams and tears.
- Minimizes downtime by troubleshooting stoppages and breakdowns; calling for maintenance assistance.
- Shuts-down printers by removing vinyl and substrates; cleaning parts and components; returning vinyl and substrates to stock.
- Ensures printer operation by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains printer supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating supplies requirements; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience as Large Format Digital Printing Machine Operator
- Vocational course, technical trainings or other related certification
- For local applicants, must have NOC
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be able to work under pressure
About the Company
Gulfcrafts is a Doha-based bespoke design and manufacturing company. Founded in 2001, Gulfcrafts has evolved into a full spectrum resource, offering five distinct business lines; and providing comprehensive expertise in strategic development, concept design, logistics, manufacturing, delivery and installation.