Director, Marketing & Communications
Job description / Role
Director of Marketing & Communications
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, The Director of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for developing the hotel's communication strategies and execute the marketing activities/ campaigns in conjunction with the Sales, Spa, Food and Beverage departments to ensure profit growth and brand exposure.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Developing and executing marketing campaigns within the hotel and local/regional markets.
- Working with a pre opening team to generate awareness and visibility for the new opening property.
- Developing and maintaining an issues awareness program and crisis communications program.
- Acting as spokesperson for the hotel and as a member of the Executive/Crisis Management Team.
- Assisting sales, rooms, spa and food and beverage in creating promotional programs with media outlets (radio, TV, print).
- Assisting Director of Sales & Marketing with off-season promotions, packaging and the marketing of communication tools.
- Liaise with the hotel's creative agency on collateral, promotional pieces, and advertising campaigns.
- Writing, developing, producing and distributing press kits, releases and photo releases as necessary.
- Developing and executing public relations programs within the hotel and local/regional markets.
- Being a key contact within the hotel for the media, industry partners and the community.
- Developing/creating promotional events that assist non-profit groups within the community while raising the profile of the hotel.
- Developing and building positive relationships with media and industry partners in key markets.
- Developing joint regional and national promotional opportunities with other Swissotel properties.
- Co-ordinating participation in National Public Relations programs.
- Developing and maintaining all media mailing lists and contact information.
- Maintaining an up-to-date photo library, including a photographic record of all media and special events.
- Conduct media familiarization trips as needed.
- Proven media relations skills
- Prior experience in a similar role in the Gulf is preferred
- Arabic speaker preferred
- Proven digital marketing knowledge and ability to partner with relevant social media influencers
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in developing and executing creative promotional programs and events as well as familiarization itineraries.
- Strong team player with excellent leadership skills.
- Proven ability to create partnerships within the industry and community.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.