Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining an Accor brand, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
Do what you love; care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo!
- To oversee the food & beverage operations of the Hotel
- To interact with other departments to ensure guests receives high level of service
- To be entrepreneurial and to think beyond the boundaries is expected and not requested
- To be creative and encourage and implement revenue generating ideas
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests' satisfaction
- To take the time to get to know the guests and to be committed to service excellence
- To open the hotel within the budget and with the expectations of the market
- Encourage all Team members to excel with their designed KPI and monitor progression plan
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning and Organising:
- Coordinating purchasing for the food & beverage department with the finance team as per the hotel procedures
- Conduct interviews for candidates in the department in conjunction with Human Resources and prepare job descriptions
- Adhere to and monitor departmental operating expenses as per departmental budget and forecast.
- Review and monitor departmental work schedules, oversee that departmental payroll is in line with budgets.
- Participate in the hotels budgeting, strategic planning and marketing plan creation.
- Implement and drive the Food & Beverage departments 12-month promotional calendar and liaise directly with Marketing and PR to make sure the creative to support the calendar is actioned in a timely manner
- Organise and work on Critical Path to ensure all Milestone as met and all material is completed in details and according to project standards
- Train and develop the food & beverage team in the departmental operating standards
- Maintains a presence in the outlets during operating hours.
- Maintain a consistent focus on improving the overall flow of food & beverage operations, seeking ways to maximize and improve the operation through productivity management and energy savings programs
- To lead and support employees in the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate employee training activities
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service and to provide feedback and suggestions
- To lead daily food & beverage briefings and monthly employee meetings
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- To drive the performance of the food & beverage team members, including completion of performance appraisals, coaching counselling and performance management in conjunction with T&C and L&D
- Ensure the team work within the department with a sales focused attitude and team are aware of sales opportunities within the hotel which will assist with the maximization of revenue.
- Ensure all team members are aware of all food & beverage revenue targets and are kept informed of performance results.
- Ensure guests are communicated with and assisted in an efficient, warm and professional manner by all team members.
- To ensure a consistently high standard of grooming is followed and by self and team
- Actively review guest comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance guest satisfaction
- Have full knowledge of all products and services provided by the property and in the local area
- Actively participate in guest events when requested.
- Adhere to company credit policies to ensure all expected revenues are secured
- Ensure daily shift handovers are conducted in a professional and constructive manner.
- Regularly spot check duty shift checklists to ensure tasks are completed.
- Ensure all daily system closing procedures and reports are being completed as per company standards.
- Source and audition entertainment options suitable for internal entertainment spaces
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and share with the team.
- Actively visit direct competitors and review marketing material to ensure awareness of their activities.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive chef to ensure the service team's product knowledge of all menu items and ingredients is thorough.
- Prepare both a detailed description of each dish on the menu per outlet as well as an organic glossary of menu terms to assist service staff product knowledge.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To work closely with the Finance department to produce monthly financial reports timely & accurately
- To review the employee schedule and annual leave plan to ensure the correct allocation of resources in order to improve guest satisfaction level as well as employee productivity and satisfaction
- Oversee the implementation of a training plan for all food & beverage team members
- Monitor and keep updated training records and schedules to ensure planning and completion is carried out as per hotel standard.
- Ultimately responsible for all aspects of Micros including training, preventative maintenance, screen design and presentation and accuracy.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group's success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we're stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.