Job description / Role
Director of Engineering (Global Sports Event Qatar 2022 - Accommodation Services)
Director of Engineering (fixed term contract until December 2022)
What's in it for you?
Take the fantastic opportunity to broaden your horizon outside the common hotel business and play your role in delivering high quality hospitality services embedded in one of the world's most popular sports events. Benefit from this exceptional experience by advancing your skills, know-how and future career.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare comprehensive forecasts to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation of the department.
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on energy management, preventive maintenance, capital planning
- Ensure property is maintained in accordance with the companies Engineering Management. This includes the fire, life and safety matrix, PPM and work order system.
- Ensure staffs are properly trained on quality and service standards and has the tools and equipment and is empowered to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments and third parties.
- Stay informed of maintenance needs and ensure timely responses to requests.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Oversee the physical operations of the properties, including maintenance and repair and order parts and supplies in a timely and efficient manner.
Your experience and skills include:
- Engineering management experience in the hospitality sector is a must, experience in Qatar is a plus.
- Extensive technical knowledge of engineering and product development
- At least 8 years work experience in engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position in a large scale property
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering to include electrical, HVAC, emergency systems and safe equipment usage
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.