Director of Immunology
Job description / Role
Director of Immunology Job, Qatar
£155K - £200K / Year
We are recruiting for a Senior Consultant who has experience in Transplant Immunology, Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics to work within the Qatari public sector.
We want to speak with suitable candidates that have experience in transplant immunology and clinical lab immunology. The role is with the only medical institution in the gulf region to adopt a UK style clinical governance and have undergone an expansion plan in recent years instilling a culture of excellence in care, academia and research in the region as a whole. This is a rare opportunity in the gulf area to work in a leading public sector organisation which is spearheading innovative research, medical education and training towards excellent clinical care outcomes.
Qatar needs little introduction, people from all backgrounds and walks of life live side by side in one of the most sought-after countries to live in. Year-round sunshine makes it is a great place to live the outdoor lifestyle and as a coastal city there are many beaches to choose from. Renowned for its large expatriate community almost all needs and pursuits are catered for; 5 star hotels and fine dining, some of the biggest and most exciting shopping malls in the world and a huge variety of sporting and outdoor pastimes mean that there is always something to do.
- The post holder will work as a Senior Consultant and additionally, will be act as Director of HLA & the Immunology Laboratory. The Senior Consultant/Director is the most senior doctor, who practices in a specific speciality and has oversight responsibility for his team of consultants and junior doctors and manages other team members. The Senior Consultant is responsible for the care of all patients admitted under his/her name and for all the clinical decisions made by other doctors under his supervision.
- The post holder must also have the ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognising the need to represent both the clinical work and the team in addition to providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his/her name).
- Other responsibilities include service development, funding, budgets, staffing, and the teaching and training of junior doctors.
- In essence, the Senior Consultant is required to have professional clinical competence, leadership and management skills.
- Research is a key and integral component to our client's strategic aim to become an Academic Health System. The post holder must be able to contribute on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
Package and Benefits
- Excellent Tax-free salary (Salary is based upon the whole benefits package and is subject to qualifications and experience)
- Family Accommodation
- Education allowance for 3 children
- 50 calendar days annual leave plus 10-14 days in Islamic and national holidays
- CPD Allowance
- Family Health Insurance
- Indemnity Cover
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Advanced training and experience in transplant immunology
- Advanced training and experience in clinical lab immunology
- Histocompatibility and immunogenetics
- Track record of scholarship (publications, presentations, etc)
- Effective professional and social communication skills.
Essential Education (Minimum of one from the below).
- Arab Board of Health Specializations
- USA - The American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS)
- Canada - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
- UK - GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Germany - Fachartz Specialist Certificate
- Sweden - Swedish Board
- Australia and New Zealand - Fellowship from the Royal Australia and New Zealand Colleges
- Specialist registration from other countries will be considered after an equivalence review
- Senior Consultants with western qualifications should have held a Senior Consultant post for at least
1 year, or a period of 6 years consultant experience is required.
*If the above essential criteria are not met, your application cannot be considered for this position*
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.
About the Company
Our vision is to be the recruitment partner of choice for healthcare professionals worldwide.
You will benefit from the different approach we take to recruitment in the healthcare sector. You will have access to our specialist team of consultants and with their extensive industry knowledge and experience they will provide you with market leading advisory and recruitment service.
As our clients, you will have access to our talent network and with the support of our cutting edge technology we can provide candidates who will positively contribute to your businesses success and quality of care.