Job description / Role
The Director of Nursing (DoN) is responsible for the clinical leadership aspects of a defined group of clinical departments/units to include organizing, developing, directing, and assuring the delivery of cost effective, quality patient care. The DoN ensures that patient care on the unit(s)/ clinical area(s) is performed in accordance with established corporate wide policies and procedures, nursing standards, the Hospital Code of Professional Behavior and Ethics for Nurses and Midwives.
• Bachelor in Nursing– Study mode: Classroom (On campus)
• Masters in Nursing (in the field of health practice e.g. NICU, Mental Health, Nursing Management) – Study mode: Classroom (On campus)
• Licence to practice in Nursing
• Minimum of 5 years’ post nursing registration experience
• Including a minimum of 2 years’ experience managing people (current post on the same level as Director of nursing)
• Evidence of extensive nurse leadership across specialties
• Evidence of personally leading change management activities and improvements
• Evidence of personally leading a patient experience change
• Demonstrate a quality improvement cycle and the effect on patient care
• Demonstrates and evidences inter-professional working practices that have benefited patient care
Candidates beside managerial experience also need to have Clinical practice, Researches and experience in Education and learning.
About the Company
Poseidon Human Capital is an international human resource solutions provider, with regional offices across Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
Poseidon Human Capital’s success is attributed to the company’s ability to manage large-scale manpower projects through integrated coordination with the stakeholder. It has licensed regional and local offices which provide operational hubs allowing navigation of often difficult and varied administrative requirements which can differ between territories.