Job description / Role
Quest Search & Selection is working with a stunning 5* Hotel, part of international hotel chain based in Qatar looking for a Director of Rooms to help deliver effective management to the hotel Front Office and Housekeeping functions.
As the Director of Rooms you would be responsible for managing the first and long lasting impressions of the guest experience.
The Director of Rooms will be responsible for:
• The property to flourish in the region (people, profit, results + reputation)
• Assist with planning the yearly targets and financial budgets
• Lead and support the front office department in achieving the highest quality standards of guest service
• Lead and support the Housekeeping division in meeting operational targets via effective organization, policy and procedural development and training activities
• Motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to guests
• Review departmental/divisional profits, payroll expenses, rooms’ expenses, cost per occupied room, previous day’s occupancy and room revenues
• Ensure high standards of guest service and constantly identify ways to improve product and service
• Maintain all features/services, arrivals/departures and amenities (in conjunction with other departments)
• Monitor guest satisfaction and trends, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Personal focus to be involved in the recruitment, management, training and developing of the
• Work closely with the sales and marketing departments to assist with commercial awareness and sales capabilities of the rooms division
• Maximize room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
• Assist with Facilitation of Auditing processes / Annual reviews / Capital expenditures / Forecasting / Budgeting
QAR 18,000 to 21,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Housing, Transport allowance, family status
Personal Requirements of the Director of Rooms:
• Minimum 2 years Director of Rooms in Luxury hotels
• Experience in Large Busy Hotels – international brands
• Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management – Europe/ America/ Australia
• Experience of managing and developing people – previous experience in managing teams of 150 members
• Previous experience of managing a departmental P&L
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
• GCC experience is preferred
• Committed to delivering a high level of guest focused service
• Ability to work under pressure
• Expert market knowledge and understanding of hotel products, operations and services
• Fluent in English
Salary package offered is QAR 18,000 – 21,000, housing, transportation allowance, yearly tickets (family status).
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Please note that are some visa restrictions for some nationalities in Qatar, including candidates with NOC available.
About the Company
Quest Search & Selection is a specialist recruitment consultancy with over 20 years' experience in sourcing the world's best candidates for the global Retail, FMCG and Hospitality sectors.
With offices in the UK & Dubai, we have an international presence and a global reach. Our recruiters place candidates locally and internationally for a wide variety of roles focusing on the following areas:
Retail Buying & Merchandising, E-commerce & Digital, Food & Beverage, Hotels, Hospitality & Operations, Retail Stores & Operations, HR & Recruitment, Procurement, Supply Chain & Logistics, Sales & Marketing, Technical and New Product Development.
We work in partnership with our clients who range from famous international brands within the Retail, Restaurant, Hotel and Consumer products space. Our reputation is built on our in-depth understanding of the industry and our consultants' skill, knowledge and passion for their sectors.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Events Manager - Wedding
Assistant Housekeeping Manager for a 5-Star Hotel
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
General Manager - Facilities Managment
Associate Director of Events
Operations Manager - Education Facility Management