Job description / Role
For our Pre Opening Rixos Doha, Qatar we are looking for talented and experienced Director of Sales to lead our Sales Department.
What you will be doing:
- Supervise preparations and definition of the Sales Plan and manual for the department and participate in setting up the sales policies, procedures and objectives.
- Determine the corporate/travel sales strategy related to pricing and promoting to meet the objectives outlined in the Sales Plan.
- Clearly understand and communicate the Corporate and Regional Strategic Sales Objectives to the Sales team.
- Handle budgets for miscellaneous sales activities and promotions.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.). Also explore and compare corporate traffic amongst the competition.
- Follow the sales results (accounts' room night productivity, revenue, etc.) and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain and improve the efficiency of reservation centers, to ensure that information in reservation system's database is updated. Coordinate such insertions to be realized correctly with the Reservations Manager.
- Maintain a fair account distribution amongst the sales employees who will be responsible to manage (visit, handling complaints, update information and follow up) their own account group.
- Propose ideas for promotional materials to be distributed during sales calls, international trade shows and for other promotional activities.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient customer database system (SFA), which will be capable of identifying to report sales calls and other sales activities and maintain a vigorous updating exercise in certain periods of time.
Your experience and skills include:
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in sales management in branded 5* Hotels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mind with good organizational skills.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.