Job description / Role
Purpose: This role is responsible for leading talent management function including talent sourcing, leadership development, succession planning, corporate learning, culture and employee engagement and driving Qatarization agenda through designing & leading appropriate interventions seamlessly across the employee value chain. The role holder serves as an active trusted partner to leadership team, providing strategic guidance to build a future focused talent process to drive competitive advantage and supporting Qatar’s talent strategies.
· Develops and drives through the Talent Management strategy and both long and short term plans for Qatarization, Talent development & Sourcing.
· Designs and implements strategy to retain organizational knowledge and to address gaps between current and future employees’ competencies, skills, knowledge and abilities.
· Ensures the development & implementation of talent sourcing plans & processes aligning closely with the strategic & operational workforce plan for the organization.
· Establish and communicate a strong vision and execute strategies for career development
· Assume overall accountability for designing and implementing integrated talent management processes and practices, to identify and build the leadership pipeline, and support critical talent decisions, e.g., - Talent review and succession planning practices -Promotion readiness, assessment methodologies for hiring and development -Competencies across the talent life cycle -Talent Mobility
· Designs, develops & implements an effective Qatarization Strategy clearly defining the approach to Qatari Vs Expat positions allocation and aligning closely with the overall work force plans.
· Oversee implementation of the Qatarization Strategy through guiding and monitoring short term and long term interventions aimed at aligning Qatarization plans with Business plans.
· Ensures end to end implementation of the Qatarization Programs and monitors effectiveness.
· Oversee end to end talent selection process and ensure best-in-class employee experience across touch points.
· Directs the development of Talent Development initiatives in conjunction with business imperatives & organization strategy.
· Ensures implementation of all initiatives which will build and support a Learning Organisation.
· Responsible for ensuring effective Leadership Development programs are in place and provide required support in ensuring success of the programs.
· Designs, Develops and oversees implementation of appropriate Development Programmes for the organisation which would include bespoke MBA programmes, specific leadership programmes linked to competency framework, and works with external providers to develop those programmes.
· Oversees the development and ensures implementation of a robust Career Architecture framework.
· Ensures the development of an Assessment Centre which will become self supporting by providing assessment centre services to the broader Qatar business community.
· Responsible for ensuring the development of assessment methodologies for all levels of staff which will identify development needs and assess potential for future growth.
· Consults with the BU Heads, and ensures there is in place a process for initiating individual development plans for every individual in the organisation which are addressed regularly to ensure the company has competent people with the right skills and knowledge to take the business forward.
· Drives through the development of a Career Development Centre which will provide guidance and support to employees at all levels to address their career aspirations by use of Job Family Models and any other appropriate methodologies.
· Ensures there is in place a sound succession plan for the organisation which will provide strong candidates for future growth and natural attrition.
· Works closely with HR Business Partners to ensure that Talent Management initiatives are effectively rolled out and to ensure feedback from respective Business units are embedded in the Design & Development of Talent Management frameworks.
· Facilitate and oversee talent reviews to discuss career paths for top performers, and key roles throughout the organization in collaboration with business leaders and peers in other functional areas.
· Design and run culture change program by collaborating with senior management on program definition, and corporate communications for launch and execution
· Manages the yearly employee engagement program and ensures timely implementation of action plan/improvement initiatives.
· Continuously monitor employee engagement score and make all efforts in close collaboration with peers and BU CXOs to improve engagement score.
· Oversee design of employee engagement survey model and questionnaire in close collaboration with selected vendor.
· Produce, analyze, and communicate employee engagement report and findings, comparing to benchmarks and historical data to provide engagement insights to the business.
· Oversee new employee orientation programmes to promote effective and full communication to new staff.
· Works closely with other HR teams to support BU other initiatives and in developing meaningful talent analytics.
· Continually identify and address changing development needs of executives and leaders with an emphasis on future skills and the future of work including high-quality and level-appropriate learning solutions, mentoring opportunities, succession planning initiatives, etc.
· Act as an expert in the area of talent gap analysis and work closely with CXOs in addressing gaps effectively in line with the business requirements.
· Advises CHRO on Talent Management strategies and practices, which support the achievement of the company’s business objectives while fulfilling its obligations to employees.
· Provide input into the preparation of the Human Resources budget and strategy.
· Manages, motivates and appraises staff within the unit to ensure the highest possible level of performance at all times.
· Provides sound recommendations to Senior Management on talent management practices within the organisation based on global best practices within the telecommunications field of operation.
· Acts as the most experienced advisor for all aspects related to the Talent Management
· Provides meaningful reports to Senior Management on a regular basis related to talent management interventions, development progress, implementation of initiatives, skill gaps, succession plans etc.
· Develop and manage the unit operational budget.
· Minimum Entry Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Management or Psychology
Preferred Certifications / Other Qualifications
· Advanced Degree or master’s in human resources management professional Certifications such as SHRM SCP, CIPD etc Certified in approved Assessment methods like – DISC Profiling, Thomas International PPA, Hogan Assessment etc Certified in Coaching/Mentoring programs like ICF Certified Coach Certification in Learning/Training facilitation by professional training bodies.
· Certification in Culture &/or Change Management practices
Minimum Experience, Essential Knowledge & Skills
· 15 years' experience in a similar role.
· 6-8 years of in-depth experience and knowledge with a Telecommunication/ICT/Hi Tech Organization in managing hiring processes, Succession Planning and Leadership Development with at least 4 years' experience at a Senior Management level.
· Experience in managing & influencing internal and external stakeholders including C-Level.
· Strong understanding and experience in rolling out successful Talent Management Interventions in Telecom / ICT / Hi-tech industry.
· Proven experience in translating organization strategy into robust talent plans.
· Proven project management experience in a complex environment
· Ability to interpret staffing plan, market data and other external data and make sound business decisions and recommendations impacting employee life cycle.
· Expertise in designing & implementing strategies for sourcing, recruiting, candidate evaluation and retention.
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
The experience we have gained means that we can help our clients reduce information technology costs, increase IT systems performance, and free up valuable internal resource to focus on core business activities. Our knowledge base covers a variety of industry sectors including Government, Healthcare, Telecommunications and Pharmaceuticals, as well as a specialist Financial markets capability in our Luxembourg office.
We operate with a culture of openness and trust that helps us to develop strong working relationships with our clients and with our core technology partners Dell, Oracle, Red Hat and Symantec.
Our three key service offerings of Managed Services, Resourcing Services and Professional Services can be used independently or integrated to provide a truly comprehensive service.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Head of Human Resources
Head of Human Resources - Global Logistics Company
|Saudi Arabia||16 Jul|
Chief HR Officer (CHRO)
HR Project Manager
Senior HR Business Partner
A Leading Company In UAE