Job description / Role
TOGETHER WE ENSURE URBAN RAIL SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY FOR OVER 3 BILLION PASSENGERS ANNUALLY
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN QATAR
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defence and Security.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 200 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Thales people design solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our world leading Rail Signaling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We, deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A DIRECTOR- TESTING & COMMISSIONING (METRO PROJECT) TO JOIN THE THALES TEAM IN QATAR.
The Director- Testing & Commissioning (Metro Project) will provide overall direction and management of Testing and Commissioning of the Doha Metro Project to ensure that the project operation parameters are well understood and proven and serve as a commissioning subject matter expert.
- Develop project specific plans and procedures in relation to pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and performance testing of facilities, plans, procedures, HSSE procedures to ensure the safety of personnel during pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Develop the strategies for the commissioning activities.
- Develop the individual project commissioning plans and procedures from Contractors in addition to Witness key tests for signaling, Communication & AFC systems and ensures they are performing within design parameters.
- Review and oversee the construction supervision consultants to ensure required testing and commissioning forms are updated as required and filled properly.
- Work closely with the Construction Director, Contractors, vendors and suppliers in resolution of technical problems and to ensure that identified deficiencies are repaired and update as to actual site conditions.
- Responsible for following up on testing and commissioning instructions and commitments associated with the project.
- Manages routine testing and commissioning meetings and monitors subordinate workloads to maximize performance.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of all project activity including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule. Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Manage the design brief, coordination of installation works, testing, commissioning on site
- Implement company's business management system including QA and HSE systems
Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- 15+ years in Testing and commissioning activities with a large Metro project
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to identify potential problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to work well within and lead the T&C team.
- Experience in Microsoft applications
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in the Qatar, we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.