Job description / Role
Implement day to day mechanical engineering tasks and schedules and supervise the mechanical works on site for assigned projects comprising on time and on quality completion of all constructions on site.
- Execute Mechanical Engineering tasks and activities as per guidelines and controls including site specific purchasing activities so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled for delivering quality solutions on the assigned project.
- Track, and record all onsite Mechanical Engineering requirements as per technical specifications and cost estimations and monitor allocation of work to contractors and sub-contractors.
- Work with Project Managers to monitor progress on key performance indicators and provide appropriate guidelines to subcontractors.
- Follow guidelines and systems for reporting at project sites to help onsite engineers track progress, project costs and quality.
- Support Project Managers/Construction Managers on a daily basis to progress work as per plan, monitor for variances and assist in corrective action with matters concerning Mechanical engineering.
- Follow standardized guidelines for day to day quality checks and site inspections and implement recommendations.
- Ensure that standard methodologies are applied for consistent and high quality ‘work experience’ to consultants, contractors and clients on assigned project sites on a daily basis.
- Progress the work of all day to day Mechanical engineering operations based on project specifications and plans and within stipulated safety norms at a specific project site.
- Advise and monitor onsite subcontractors for installation of Mechanical systems as per given plans and designs.
- Serve as the focal point for all daily matters concerning design, quality and documentation of Mechanical works.
- Develop and monitor daily conformance with the provisions of the project specifications, contract documents on an assigned construction site.
- Acquire a detailed understanding of contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, systems interrelationships, construction sequencing, HSE specifications and project schedules to support project managers in timely completion of project.
- Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality to clients
- Review and resolve day to day contractors’ claims and complaints related to Mechanical work as may arise during construction and ensure that Subcontractors adhere to HSE regulations on the assigned project.
- Direct and control the activities of Mechanical subcontractor to ensure alignment with procedures/service agreements and also ensure that MEP subcontractors provide technical submittals/ relevant documentation/records.
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of Mechanical systems and oversee repairs and resolution of all Mechanical faults.
- Assist project teams in negotiations with contractors regarding the value of claims or changes in schedules and prepare recommendations on claims - approval or rejection on assigned projects.
- Work with project team for carrying out various tasks such as documentation, MIS and project monitoring activities.
- Assist in development of RFPs/Tenders by QPM as part of the procurement process for assigned project.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Construction Managers (onsite) to collate and analyze periodic reports to help MEP managers understand project performance against plans and drive remedial actions.
- Monitor Mechanical estimates prepared by the QS/Cost Control and collate and analyze periodic progress reports to analyze performance
- Coordinate with QA and HSE teams to ensure compliance of all Mechanical engineering activities with all Quality and HSE requirements
- Collaborate with other construction engineering disciplines to enhance QPM’s overall solution.
- Keep abreast with latest innovations in the Mechanical engineering discipline.
- Obtain and communicate day to day feedback of Mechanical works and use the same to make appropriate modifications.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools and best practices in project cost management.
- Adopt and adapt good practices from the industry into projects to ensure continuous improvement and upgrades.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction management or related engineering discipline
- Chartered Status / Professional License: Preferred (should be eligible)
- Minimum Years of Experience: 14+ post qualification relevant experience.
- Minimum Years of similar Experience: 7+ within a Project Management or similar organization.
- UPDA Registered as Grade A
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Gas & Plant Network Mechanical Engineering Specialist