Job description / Role
An opportunity has arisen to join a growing team in one of the Middle East & Africa's largest banking organisations within their Group Retail Credit Department.
- Primarily responsible for reviewing submitted largely for the purpose of renewing existing credit exposure entered into by (Annual Reviews) proposals which are submitted by the Retail Banking and Private Banking and Wealth Management business areas of the bank and International Retail Banking business areas of the bank including branches, and subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Following initial review, the incumbent assesses the credit worthiness of counterparties and prepares a summary assessment for approval by the relevant authority (up to Group Credit Committee level).
- Provides technical and consultancy support and assistance to the Group subsidiaries and affiliates [as requested or directed] with respect to retail credit related matters, including but limited to sharing of pertinent data and information, guidance on policies and procedures, conducting credit analysis, reviews and assessments, and providing credit recommendations.
- Assesses the business viability, management, technical, marketing, and production quality, and credit worthiness of various borrowers, obligors, projects and counterparties to ensure the satisfactory repayment of debt service requirements in accordance with the terms and conditions of the proposed credit facility by conducting thorough due diligence using comprehensive financial and credit analyses including but not limited to verification of customer’s / project’s business and operational data, scrutiny of historical and projected financial statements, and validation of feasibility, industry and market studies, consultants’ reports and other relevant data supporting the credit application.
- He/she ensures that all credit relationships the bank adhere to established policies and procedures, including regulatory and compliance requirements, as well as following the highest international market and industry standards and norms.
- Otherwise, he/she seeks exception providing valid and sound justification without causing prejudice to the bank’s interests and reputation.
- Must meet the bank’s required credit approval process by assessing all relevant aspects of the borrower / project / transaction and ensures that all types of risks pertinent to the proposed credit facility are properly identified and mitigated in order to avoid default by the borrowers and obligors, so that the portfolio default rate of the bank will be kept at acceptable market and banking industry levels.
- Recommends rejection of unsuitable credit proposals due to non-credit worthy borrowers, weak facility structures, non-acceptable terms and conditions, and or unreliable or unsatisfactory financials, as well as those transactions that do not adhere to bank’s policies and objectives, and regulatory and compliance regulations.
- Reviews the approved/rejected proposal by the Credit Department and assess the validity of the approvals in order to propose amendments to the retail credit policy.
- Review the rejected application and assess in recommending support to business, to clarify policies/procedures in order to reduce rejection rates.
- University graduate with a degree preferably in finance, economics or related subjects.
- Preferably minimum of 5 years’ experience in a major bank [or comparable financial services or consultancy company] in a corporate or risk function especially doing financial analysis and modelling, credit assessment, financial packaging, structuring of credit facilities, and excellent knowledge of bank’s lending and non-lending products and services. Alternatively internships or summer placements in a bank’s risk function would be advantageous.
- Excellent in accounting and financial analysis (spread sheet preparation, analysis and interpretation).
- Superior knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point applications for report presentations, financial analysis, cash flow projections, financial modelling.
- Basic quantitative financial modelling, analytical, and research skills.
- Adequate back ground and understanding of economic theory and principles.
- Proficiency in risk concepts, banking products/ operations/ systems, pertinent regulatory requirements, International Accounting Standards and related pronouncements.
- Knowledge of financial markets and products.
- Basic understanding of credit methodologies, interest rate modelling [short rate models, VAR, and/or other complex financial risk modelling highly desirable.
About the Company
Allegis Group retired the "Talent2" name and re-branded its specialist recruitment professionals brand to Aston Carter.
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment services to companies requiring highly specialised business professionals. We have an unrivalled commitment to delivering first class service to our clients and candidates across professional disciplines, including Information Technology, Finance, Sales, Risk, Credit, Compliance, Operations, Marketing, Audit, HR and Engineering. Although we are retiring theTalent2 brand, our continued alignment with your company's business objectives will remain unchanged. As part of Aston Carter, our global presence gives us access to additional high-level talent, solutions and industry trends to better grow with our customers.
With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider and the world's largest privately owned recruitment firm.