Job description / Role
At Stantec, we approach every project as a partnership, because our work creates a lasting impact on our clients’ communities. We believe that when smart, passionate, creative people come together, real possibilities are within reach. Our people are at the heart of everything we do; they give our work purpose.
If you want to be a part of our unwavering team and can bring your sense of imagination and determination to every challenge, then this is the right place for you.
Stantec Qatar is seeking a Drainage Network Operations Engineer with broad experience in the O&M of sewage infrastructure, and specific experience in developing and implementing infiltration reduction plans for sewage networks. The candidate would work with our client Ashghal to support their implementation and delivery of robust action plans for some of their key operational challenges (initially focused on infiltration / inflow reductions). The role involves close work with many stakeholders across multiple departments within the Ashghal organisation and its supply chain.
• Review of existing practices within the business to manage sewage quality issues
• Mapping of data required to actively monitor deterioration in sewage quality
• Develop and roll out an action plan to manage key operational challenges including infiltration
• Identify and collaborate with relevant stakeholders for delivery of operational improvements
• Train and coach members of the client’s team on usage of data and tools to make informed decisions
• Monitor and report on a regular basis the effectiveness of action plans and deviation from targets
• Facilitate team meetings, discussions and maintaining action logs for follow up and completion
• Document the implemented approach in manuals for future reference and adoption
• Degree or higher-level qualification in engineering (e.g.,
• BSc, BEng, MSc Civil)
Preferred Chartered Status preferred
• Minimum of 10 years relevant and practical experience within major water / wastewater utility organisation(s)
• Minimum of 5 years relevant wastewater networks experience
• Experienced in leading / advising teams on wastewater network operations and challenges, and specifically addressing
• infiltration / inflow
• Consulting experience will be an added advantage
• Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialised activities, disciplines or teams of moderate size and
• Leads in the formulation of advanced technical concepts and drives change focused on improvements
• Provides specialist services in support of operation requirements
• Understanding of different types of contracts including performance-based framework agreements
• Able to independently perform highly complex professional assignments demanding contributions calling for the application of specialised principles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to produce business cases and technical reports for adoption by a utility business.
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, from executives to operators and contractors.
• Excellent supervisory and management skills, including creativity, change management, and empowerment
• Strong analytical and project management skills
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Resident Engineer - Utilities
Senior Site Engineer - Engineering Consultancy
Construction Manager - Site Supervision
SAS Global Consultants
Programme Engineer (Water/Wastewater)
Construction Manager - Airport/Infra